General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Quick Question about Map Lights in Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Default Quick Question about Map Lights in Mirrors

Hi,

For those of you that have a 2000 to 2004 or so Monte, with the map lights in the mirrors, do those lights come on when you open the doors? Or are they only activated by the switches on the mirror?

I had a 2000 SS, and though my memory is bad I thought I remembered them acting like dome lights with the door. I Just picked up an onstar auto dimming mirrior from a 2002 SS and am hooking it up in my car, and don't want to try chasing down the 'dome light' function if it does not exist. Right now the lights only come on if I hit the buttons on the mirror, not if the doors are open.

Thanks!

Steve

Old 12-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Quick Question about Map Lights in Mirrors

I have the full-blown,all options (OnStar, autodimming, etc...)mirror on my 2004. The map lights come on when I open the door.
It's possible the harness may be wired differently. Or the Body Control Module may need to be programmed for the optional mirror.
That's about the best idea I can think of. Hopefully someone else here has a better answer for you.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Default RE: Quick Question about Map Lights in Mirrors

That's what I thought, at least I'm not going crazy (yet).

I put the mirror in my 2008 G8 GT. Everything works (auto dim, auto dim turnoff in reverse, all onstar buttons, and map lights) except for the dome light function of the map lights.

My G8 had a passenger airbag indicator, pins 4 and 5 or something like that on the harness. The monte mirror does not have this. Can anyone with a service manual perhaps do me a huge holiday favor and look up what pin on the monte mirror is for the dome light function? If it's like the map lights in my silverado were, there was a constant + and - 12V for the switched side of the lights, and a separate +12v line that bypasses the map light switches and lit the lights when the dome light was triggered. If anyone can tell me what wire, and whether it's a + or - trigger, does this on the monte mirror I would be forever grateful.

Thanks!