General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Paint job!!!

Old 08-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Photobucket
Default Paint job!!!

So everyone how excited am I... with the new battery terminals and posts in Cherry, and the body work coming along nicely (even tho she's still my daily driver), She's getting painted MONDAY!!! $700 dollars is the MOST I will have to pay, $650 being the least and if I know my paint man, he'll keep it on the lower side... and won't charge me a dime more unless the car is a total bitch to him....it's block sanded ready to go smooth as a baby's ****... Just looks ridiculous with the pink body mud hanging off of it.... my dad doesn't really have the time anymore plus he's been retired he doesn't DO this stuff every day anymore, I told him to just leave it alone and while I appreciate the work he's done to just STOP TOUCHING MY CAR. I swear he finds excuses just to get under my hood....He needs to buy one for himself so he can mess with IT!

Oh my god.... stage 1 of my monte carlo project is ALMOST complete... now I have to get pinstriping something REAL classy... with the torch red, what would YOU ALL recommend? I was thinking about a nice smokey silver something to stand out but not be too gaudy... I was going to go for the pace car decals but those would have to be cleared on and I'm not about to go there...

Old 08-10-2009, 04:31 PM

something low riders put on their car, but in a girl way if that makes sense?! follow the curves of the monte to make it look sporty like a real monte.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

congrats on the body work n paint...just dont get that body filler wet...could cause problems down the road..... i think red with like a gun metal would look good as long as you do some other acents

Old 08-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

in, on & around the car... i cant blame you father im a fiddler too i just come up with reasons to go fiddle with one our car... f what lies ahead for me if i ever do....

Last edited by Budsjlm; 08-10-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Thats good news Robyn! So is 700 bucks for painting just the rear quarter panel, or is that the whole car? I'm sure it will look awesome once its done, and you will be thrilled with your Monte for sure!

Old 08-10-2009, 05:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This thread needs pictures of the before so we can admire the after.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:34 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

There should be a before and after with this thread too

Old 08-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Photobucket

I will take pictures of the before tonight when I get home. The 700 is for doing the rear (and that is a HIGH quote before my dad did the cream coat and seal it with primer because of an impending storm) fixing the hinges on my door it hits the door stryker off center, the door is down about 1/2 inch, fixing rust spots / holes and fixing the key scratches in on and around the trunk. He's not fixing the bumper because my dad can do that EASILY with touch up spraybomb that matches the car, just feather and blend it... it's not that bad of a scuff really... and I really don't care i just want that dent COVERED!!!!

Edited to reflect, my dad is finding someone in town that has a paint booth, one of his old friends from high school. My dad has been nothing but a chevy man for 20 years, we owned at one point 32 55 to 59 chevy's, bellaires and corvettes included. My dad was known for the place to take your classic car... he worked on nothing BUT. He is the best bodyman I know next to the guy who did my white monte, my dad is perservering and he feels bad now that "he started something he wants to finish that something"... and he wants to save me a buck or two... I can't argue with him...I guess he wants to be his little girl's champion.... sometimes it really sucks being daddy's little girl... can't do shiz for myself....but at the same time I love my daddy and he's always been there for me if I'm in a jamb... all I got to say is if it looks like CRAP he better be fixin to pay to have it done RIGHT....!

BEFORE PICS

Last edited by moonlitmagik; 08-10-2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: added peekshures!!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Looks like he did a good job with the body work...I think you are going to be super happy when its done and lookin good! I am sure your dad will come through and get your Monte looking like a million bucks!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:00 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I can't wait to see it when it's done!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paint job!!!