General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Our "Other" Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 06:23 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Our "Other" Car

Thought you guys might like to see my g/f's '81 SC Monte.

We call the car "Monte"
(her car is "Monte, my '86 LS is "Carlo")

The car more or less sets in the garage covered up now days. I didn't want it getting rusted out from the Ohio winters so we got her another car to drive about 5 years ago. Last summer when the garage got a new roof the cars had to come out so no damage from falling building materials was done. That's when I snapped a few pics of Monte and my 6th '57.

PS. The car is a 229 V6, 2 barrel carb, with 350 turbo transmission (I believe). She hates the 6 cylinder cause the car she had before was a '76 & '77 Olds Cutlasses with 350, 4 barrel carb engines she could burn the back tires any time she felt like it. The 229 V6 won't.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Our "Other" Car

What happened to the passenger side fender? Looks like someone side swiped ya.

Did you ever get that fixed?

Old 03-25-2008, 09:27 PM

i think personally tha tyou have at least one to many 57 chevyies ther and need to send on ehere for safe keeping and driving of it on nice sunny days

Old 03-26-2008, 11:32 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Looks like someone side swiped ya.

You like that?
No one here to blame but my g/f Deb. She was driving to her part-time job a few years ago. She didn't get half way down the block and she sees this kid standing in the street. AS she approaches the kid, he won't get out of the street. She said he raised his arm like he intended on throwing something which caught her eye. And she side swipes a parked van. All she touched was one of those running boards you see on vans that attach at the wheel wells and along the rocker box.

I was at work and she calls up crying her head off. She got scared after this happened and drove off. Now she's afraid someone called the cops on her which would be considered a hit & run.

I told her to leave work right now and drive home. I left work too and when she got home we walked down the block looking for the owner of this van? I knocked on at least 5 front doors trying to find out who owned this van she hit? We did locate the owner and I told him what ever kind of restitution he wanted was fine with me. If he wanted to call the cops and make out a report then we'd call the cops. He must have had some kind of violation on the van or his driver's license cause he wanted no part of the calling the cops. He said to forget the white line she left on his red van, so I didn't complain. I did try to find out if this kid who started all this was the van's owners kid but Deb said it was someone different.

I left the damaged front fender to remind her, "Watch where you're going when you're behind the wheel!!!!"

I don't care if godzilla is standing in the street. Don't hit the van parked beside you.

I will repair the damage when she can learn to take care of something.

Mickey,
you think 6 of them is too many?

[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 03-26-2008, 01:13 PM

R.J., you are living in Chevy Heaven
[sm=devilangel.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=devilangel.gif]
You have proven that dreams can come true, `if you
are willing to `give up to get them.
Your Collection is Awesome, and so is your
castle to keep them in.
I'll keep work'in towards my dreams.
Thanks for being a Super Member on the MCF.
Happy Birthday....EveryDay.
Wish you a Safe/Fun `Journey in `life.
The Bum's & `Space

Old 03-26-2008, 06:46 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Thanks for the support Space. My father would disagree with you about it being Chevy Heaven.

The '81 Monte has always been a decent car. I did replace the entire dash cause the PO ruined the original from using ArmourAll on it. It had large cracks in it and was a nice shade of brown. (the car has red interior)

You couldn't put your finger on it without causing more damage. And the usual stuff that wears out from being used like brake pads and tires.

It's one of the best uses of $500 I've ever spent.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

RJ, your story about the armorall destroying the dash reminded me of when my dad owned a '79 Chevy Impala. He was one of those who fell for ArmorAll's B.S. Like millions of other car nuts did when it came out. His dash did the same thing. When it started to crack, he thought it was because he wasn't using enough. When it finally cracked right in half, he learned his lesson and tried to glue it back together with epoxy glue. But it looked like complete crud. Which completely broke his heart, because he always worked hard to maintain his cars in showroom condition. He (and I) learned to NEVER EVER EVER NEVER USE ARMOR ALL on anything you care about.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:46 AM

Belated Happy Birthday Picture for R.J.,of the Awesome 1957 Chevrolet
DeSigned over a half a Century `ago WoW

Old 03-27-2008, 05:51 AM

[align=center][/font][/color][:-]$91,000.00 ~ 1957 Chevrolet [:-][/font][/font]

[font=arial][:-]

[font="times new roman"][color=#000000]1957 Chevy Convertible
The King of classic cars! This rare beauty has been the subject of a complete restoration. The car is a genuine show quality '57 Chevy, very straight, stunning paint job, all new chrome, all new interior, and a continental kit. This baby really rumbles when your are driving it down the road, V8 rumble at it's best IMO. This one is awesome, nothing will turn heads like this car does!
The motor is a freshly rebuilt 283 V8 4bbl, with less than 4000 miles on the engine. It has a 4 barrel Carter AFB on an Edelbrock intake with a mild performance street cam. The rest of the car has been modernized making it a very easy driver. This Bel Air has a has a TH350 automatic transmission with a shift kit installed, so you get a nice chirp on the 1-2 shift at full throttle.The car has several mechanical upgrades which make this car and excellent driver compared to the original setup. These upgrades include power front disc brakes, rack and pinion steering, and and aftermarket A/C system by Classic Auto Air. Even the sound system has been upgraded while retaining it's original retro look so you can enjoy some 50's rock-n-roll music on the 10 CD-disc changer!
This car has absolutely no rust on it whatsoever and is extemely clean and detailed throughout. All mechanical components are in new or like new condition. The body is laser straight with no signs of fill or bodywork anywhere. The paint is exceptional, like glass, color is Porsche red which is close to Matador red but slightly less orange colored. The car is mechanically in excellent condition and has been well maintained and cared for in my personal garage for the last few years. Please e-mail me with any questions you might have about this beauty.
$91,000
[/align][align=center][font="times new roman"][:-]Source [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.dallasdreamcars.net/CarsForSale_57_Chevy.htm[/align]

Quick Reply: Our "Other" Car