General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

NOT BEING RETIRED TOO LONG

Old 03-25-2008, 11:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default NOT BEING RETIRED TOO LONG

I went to the chevy dealership a while back, and a really knowledgable older gentlemanexplained to me the Monte Carlo may come back in a few years. What is going on is the new impalla is being tested with rear wheel drive, if they get all of the testing just right the next time the monte carlo comes back will more than likely be in rear wheel drive. Chevy is focused on competing with dodge with the camaro against the dodge challenger. chevy is staying and competing and let's hope we will see our classics sooner than later.

I truley believe our monte carlo's will only get better with age and they are not extinct.

post your thoughts and opinions.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: NOT BEING RETIRED TOO LONG

Well all signs so far don't look good for the Monte. We have a few members who work (or worked) for Chevy dealerships. Many people, including some P.R. people from GM said that the Monte was discontinued due to lack of sales.

But what you said would be terrific if it's true.

As for the Camaro, you may want to check out a thread in the Off Topic section, named "Dead before they hit the showroom?". Supposedly the new Camaro has been pushed back to 2010. This would kill the Camaro in my opinion, if it's true.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:36 AM

Now I had heard about the same thing that the monte will be back in a couple of years. And it will be brought back on the new platform called Zeta as will the GTO. However I read about that sometime ago and plans might have changed. I really hope they come back soon but the bad numbers GM had last year makes me expect the worst.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:37 AM

I saw a rear drive impala test mule at a place where I worked one time. It was under the Middle East (Saudi Arabia Name) Lumina SS. Identical the the Pontiac G8 GT with the 6.0L mill. pretty sweet.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:50 AM

check this out
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2010-che...er-sketch.html

Old 03-26-2008, 08:01 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

If they aren't going to bring it back as a performance car with 2 doors, I'd just assume they diddn't bring it back. Renaming the Cobalt the Monte Carlo doesn't bring the Monte Carlo back... it just brought back the name....

Juliet was right when she said, of Romeo "Whats in a name"

It's the car we want back, not the name. Remember that [sm=gears.gif]

Old 03-26-2008, 09:50 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Duane, you're absolutely right. I'd hate to see GM do the the Monte Carlo, what they did to theNova back in the 80's. When they turned the classicNova into a chevette-like pizza wagon.

If they did that to the Monte Carlo, I think there would be a joiningof all the Monte Carlo forums on the net, and all Monte owners would storm GM world headquarters. LOL.

Edit: Corrected my brain-dead mistake.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:33 AM

I have a feeling that it will be a while before the Monte comes back. Chevy is focusing on the Camaro and the ZR1. Everything else they are probably trying to develop more fuel efficent engines. Unless there is an exec that is really pushing the Monte for a comeback. we might not see it or we would see a car that is just called a Monte Carlo but has nothing in common with its predecessors. But sometimes no news is good news. hint GM I like Surprises LOL.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Hey Cort, your right. I had a brain-dead moment. It wasn't the 90's Malibu I was thinking of, it was in fact the 80's Nova. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

From this classic Nova...

To this Chevy Nova...

What of the Monte Carlo?

From this 2007 Monte Carlo SS...

To this 2012 Monte Carlo???....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NOT BEING RETIRED TOO LONG