General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Need Advice - Problems with 06 monte

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 09:17 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Need Advice - Problems with 06 monte

Well I just did the regular oil change on her and found out two things. I am low in coolant and I am leaking oil. I was at the halfway mark in the dipstick when I checked. Also reading here about heaters not working is a symptom I had and it was because of the coolant.

I am at 40K miles so it can't be fixed for free. I checked up on the extended warranty that I got from the dealership from a company called Complete Care.

What should I do first to get started in fixing this? Should I go to the dealership and show them the contract? Call Complete Care? I don't know what to do and don't want to go into this not knowing my options.

Has anyone been through this?

Old 01-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Default RE: Need Advice - Problems with 06 monte

I have an Extended Warranty and had to file a claim to get my Turn Signal / Headlight Dimmer Switch Replaced. The Part was almost 5-Bills!
Take the Car to the Dealer. Hand the Contract and Service Records to the Service Manager. Have the Phone Number he needs to call and the Contract Number printed-out on a 3X5 Card so he doesn't need to look for it. Make sure you and him are on the SAME PAGE about being COVERED and CALLING-IN >Before any work begins without the WARRANTY Authorization Number. Once he gets the Warranty Company Notified ... a Work Order will be generated ... along with the ESTIMATE. The Service Manager has to call-back the Warranty Company and tell them HOW MUCH ITS GOING TO COST. The Warranty Company will FAX an authorization for repairs. Politely ask for a Copy of the Fax. Once YOU know how you stand. When its CLEAR in YOUR mind ... How Much THEY PAY ... and ... How Much YOU PAY ... and YOU are satisfied with the result ... SIGN the Work Order.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:00 AM

x2. That sounds about right to me.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:28 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

All this sounds SOOOOO fun. (not really)

I can't wait till april and the factory warranty on my '06 LTZ runs out and the extended warranty kicks in.

[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 01-06-2009, 09:24 PM

how do u know ur leakin oil? and if u have no heat and ur low on coolant ur most likely leakin coolant sumwhere

Old 01-06-2009, 10:08 PM
15 Year Member

Thanks for the info guys. It will help alot when I go and get this fix. Hey rj, at 36100 my battery died and hoped that this wasn't a bad omen. I'm leaking oil because I can actually see where its leaking. Its at the rear of the engine. It was fixed once under warranty but I guess they did not do a good enough job. Also theres oil stains on the oil pan. Fun stuff.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:21 PM

well u could be leakin both coolant and oil from ur head gasket if that is the problem... how long ago did u have that replaced?

Old 01-07-2009, 07:05 PM
15 Year Member

It was supposivly fixed early last year. Oil leak was from the rear main seal. I think that is what is was called. I am going to refill the coolant for now cause I just dont have the cash now to sped money on it. I also read on the manual that If I have to refill some coolant four times in a year to have it inspected. Maybe the coolant is something normal. I tried to look for any coolant spill but did not find any. Usually that will spill to the floor and can see some drops overnight.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:21 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Call Chevy. Ask them for help with the oil leak. Explain you had this very problem fixed under warranty just a year ago and now it's back. Try to remember when you first noticed the leak had returned and tell Chevy this.

I'll be they would be willing to help you. I doubt they want you spreading the news you had this problem fixed by them and now it's returned and they didn't offer any help.

I know the times I called them they at least tried to help me.

And my '06 has had a dead battery issue more then once. The dealer claimed it's cause the car set's so much of the time. My dad said to ask them where in the warranty it states I'm suppose to drive the car? Or drive it every day?

The last time I called Chevy and explained how unhappy I was. They asked me what they could do to please me? They even had some regional guy at Chevy phone me telling me he was going to get my repaired for me. Or if I wanted, they would go beyond this and replace the car if the dealer could not repair the dead battery issue to my satisfaction.

It wasn't about a week or maybe 10 days a woman claiming to work for Chevy called me one night wanting to know if I would be willing to answer some questions for her?
I had to kind of laugh cause one of the questions she asked was "Would I be willing to purchase another GM product in the future?"

I told her I was certain I probably would. Then I told her right now I personally own 8 Chevies. So another GM product in my life is probably a good bet.

But try calling them about the oil leak. See what they tell you?