General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

My Intimidator Moded & Tuned

Old 07-29-2008, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My Intimidator Moded & Tuned

I finally got all my mods put on that I've had in the trunk for nearly 2 months. Last weekend we put in the Machined Lower Intake Manfold, Ported Supercharger Housing, N* throttle body, and crossover pipe. I already had a 3" downpipe, Plog, CAI, and autolite 104's on it. After we got everything put on it was running horribly, had a nasty idle, stalling out at stop lights, and it was throwing 2 codes, one for running lean and another for multiple misfires.

On Sunday I took it to Milzy's Motorsports in Dayton for more mods and a tune. Let me tell you Milzy does awesome work. We discovered I had a vac leak (ended up replacing the supercharger gasket) and that was part of the problem as to why it was running so rough. Milzy fixed my vac leak, put in a 180 T-stat, modular pulley hub, 3.4" pulley, and larger tensioner pulley.

Then we went tuning. When all was said and done I'm at 300Hp running 9.6 pounds of boost at WOT, with +2 degrees of timing, KR free.

Big Thanks to Milzy for hooking me up on such short notice. http://www.milzymotorsports.com/

Current Mod List:
Wizaired CAI
3" Downpipe w/ Hiflow Cat
Stainless PLog and Ceramic Crossover
Autolite 104 Plugs
180 T-Stat
Machined LIM
Ported M90 Gen III
N* Throttle Body
Modular Pulley Hub w/ 3.4" Pulley

Old 07-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Default RE: My Intimidator Moded & Tuned

Nice, I am assuming 300 at the wheels.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:15 PM

300 crank I believe, stock is 240 crank. What that is to the wheels I am not sure.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Glad to hear it's running great for you Feels good, doesn't it?

Old 07-30-2008, 06:30 AM

Hi Alex
Its great to read that Mod Dreams do come true
Enjoy the new power of your Awesome Monte Carlo
and
Thanks for being a active contributing Member to the MCF
and thanks for help paying for our new vB Server
We Appreciate 4 Sure

Old 07-30-2008, 08:22 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on your upgrades. Now you just made it harder to avoid all those speeding tickets. Question: If the 300HP was determined on the dyno, wouldn't that be 300 at the wheels?

Old 07-30-2008, 09:17 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

depends on the type of dyno Taz... but regardless, it's faster than my Monte

nice to hear you got it running good

Old 07-30-2008, 03:31 PM

It wasn't dyno'd, we street tuned it with HPTuners. He calculated the HP (that is why I am assuming crank and its an estimate) and HPTuners shows the amount of boost. He used the same tables that he had perfected for a similar setup as a starting point and then we went from there. We originally added 3 degrees of timing and saw 2-3 degrees of knock at WOT, went back to the shop and took out the stock T-stat and put in the 180 T-stat and dropped the timing advance to a +2 table, and then I was knock free and showed more HP than when I was running the +3 timing with knock. I don't think it would be worth dyno tuning after getting this tune, it feels really good. I felt that it was a quick car before but now it's a whole new beast. The acceleration and throttle response....I love it.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:37 PM

Hmm went to start my car today and it wouldn't start. The SES light came on and the Security message flashed a few times and the steering wheel locked in place. After about 15 minutes of turning the key in different positions, putting it in to drive and park, opening and closing doors, and rolling up and down windows, and a little bit of praying it finally let me start it LOL. Not sure what the deal was, I know if you swap your PCM with an aftermarket PCM you have to do a security re-learn procedure but I didn't get a new PCM, I just had mine flashed which shouldn't cause this plus I've been driving it for a week since the tune... Would anything else cause this?

Old 08-09-2008, 10:08 AM

I get that myself every so often but it is due to an after market security system. It would be the GM passlock system causing the problem... this will include the key itself and the ignition modual. The PCM swap/tune shouldn't affect this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Intimidator Moded & Tuned