General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

More trouble with my 2006 SS V8

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default More trouble with my 2006 SS V8

I am currently right at 50,000 miles. During the first 36,000 I had to replace two tire pressure sensors, a passenger side airbag sensor, a plastic handle that moves the passenger seat forward (for letting people get in the back seat), a body control module, a new drivers side window switch and then my factory warranty expired. THANK GOD I GOT AN EXTENDED WARRANTY!!!

4-weeks after hitting 36,000 miles, I needed the yearly vehicle inspection. There was over $1000 of broken stuff on the front end that needed to be fixed in order to pass inspection. Lucky for me my 100,000 mile extended warranty covered all the repairs. (Keep in mind this car has NEVER been in an accident.) But it has been broken into 4-times in less than 2 years....thanks to GM's cheap door handles.

Two weeks ago my power steering fluid just leaked all out and when I purchased some more to put in the car, it worked for about 5 minutes and then leaked right back out. Also my ignition switch was acting up. Lucky for me this was covered by my warranty again. I got my car fixed again and the plastic cover that goes around the ignition popped back open and it won't close....also, the steering wheel isn't straight anymore! I mean, you have to turn the wheel slightly to the right to make the car go straight forward. Driving with the wheel straight will cause the car to move to the left. The dealer claims that must have been a pre-exsisting problem, but I know it wasn't like that before they messed with the ignithon switch. I am going to take it back to the dealer Saturday so they can straighen this stuff out. I've been wanting to buy a Camaro as soon as the convetible becomes availble, but I am starting to think I shouldn't spend anymore money on a Chevy ever again. It's nice to not have to pay for any of this work, but one day my warranty will expire. And even with the warranty, who wants to keep having to take their car to the shop every other month?

I have never in life had this much trouble with a car this new and don't know many people who have. Are any of my problems being experianced by other members???

Old 05-02-2009, 08:41 AM

Hi Member: Bwill,
Really sorry 2 read about all your problem's with
your 06 Monte Carlo SS

We have several member's that have had a few issues
that were corrected, but no one I know or have
read about has had the problems that you have had.

There seems to be a few lemon's in every
auto produced : (
I think you maybe one that purchased one

I hope your dealer can resolve your issue's,
and I was glad 2 read that you obtained the
extended warranty.
Please keep us updated on your problems,
& `if they are repaired/resolved.
We wish you better luck, and
safe/happy remaining miles in your
SS

Old 05-02-2009, 11:14 AM

Nothing has happened to my car that wasn't my own fault. Flat Tire, Dead battery and was keyed once (by a jealous person I'm sure). Car is garage kept and all maintence is preformed on time or earlier.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:58 PM

Just got the ignition thing fixed but they won't touch the steering wheel problem. They say I need an alignment. I asked why didn't I need an alignment before you fixed my car. They of course don't have an answer.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:15 PM

`Will, I read the frustration in your posted words
I don't know your state laws,
but have you looked in2 the
Lemon Laws in your State for your numerous problems ?

It's a sad story, but I hope that all can be fixed/repaired
to your satisfaction while you are still covered
by your warranty.
WIsh your better luck with your SS, and in life.

There seems to be a bad one in every bushel : (
Sorry, that U may have got the bad one : (

Last edited by Space; 05-03-2009 at 04:21 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:53 PM

that is crazy!!! i have never had any problems with my car at all. i have 42000 miles on er and never had anything but my brakes (at my own discrestion)

Old 05-02-2009, 11:44 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by bwill314
Just got the ignition thing fixed but they won't touch the steering wheel problem. They say I need an alignment. I asked why didn't I need an alignment before you fixed my car. They of course don't have an answer.
Call GM. Tell them you're unhappy. See what they suggest?

Old 05-03-2009, 12:00 AM

ah sell that peice of plastic and go buy ya a '86 ss with a 305ho rwd

ok, theres a lot of plastic in it to... but not as much.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:08 AM

The Steering fluid is a known LS4 issue there is a TSB about it. Mostly happens in extreme cold. But others have seen it as well.

The crooked steering wheel is your alignment. Unfortunately this not covered under warranty. If they caused it they should fix it, but I would not trust a dealer with it.
I had it done 3 times by 3 dealers I think 2 of them did do anything just charged me for.
I found a shop that does nothing but alignments no more crooked steering wheel.

What was broken on the front end?

Old 05-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I'm curious about the front end as well.

I'm sorry you're having so many issues. You scared me. I have my fingers crossed now!

Quick Reply: More trouble with my 2006 SS V8