General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Monte How To/DIY Book/Ebook

Old 02-18-2009, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Default Monte How To/DIY Book/Ebook

I'm just starting the process of writing an informative book/ebook that covers tons of stuff on the Monte Carlo. I'm going to specialize on 6th gen, but may do 5th as well.

Things I would like to cover would be very basic repair that we should all know, like how to change oil, the battery, alternator, brakes, etc. and I plan to go into modifications such as how to install headers, CAI, Rockers, Rotors, and other bolt ons.

I would like to imagine it to be an introductory book into car maintainance including tool identification and safety. I really want it for very beginners that have never picked up a wrench in their life so they don't feel intimidated working on cars.

Furthermore I would like to include specifications: HP, TQ, Weight, etc, and wire identifications for stereos. Also I want to add a list of websites to purchase parts and upgrades such as ZZP, and Summit Racing.

Is there anything anyone else would want to have included?

Old 02-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Default RE: Monte How To/DIY Book/Ebook

Sounds like youve got everything covered, Im not exactly new to a wrench but I am still fairly new to the car so I know I look forward to seeing the outcome.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was going to suggest changing burnt out dash lights. But that'sa lot more advanced.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Taz

I was going to suggest changing burnt out dash lights. But that'sa lot more advanced.
Haven't run across that, but good call!

Old 02-19-2009, 06:43 PM

maybe have it cover how to take apart entire inside dash to get to your gauges etc. I know ide like to eventually paint my gauge cluster bezel or what ever its called but havent the slightest clue how to get to it.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:49 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

For supercharged models how to change the supercharger oil.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:15 AM

Cabin air filters and how to change, it's a simple swap and made a lot of difference in how much air came out of my vents when I just blew mine out.

How to check fluids and how often to do so. I don't know how many times I have to explain to my sister that if the oil isn't on the dipstick than it's way too low and not to run it...

Old 02-20-2009, 09:37 AM

will this be for 3800 series only?

Old 02-20-2009, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: vita

will this be for 3800 series only?
Just getting ideas and feedback right now. I may to the 3400 as well. For what I plan to do it won't make that much of a difference. Brakes, interior and exterior are the same. Taking an alternator off and checking fluids will pretty much be the same as well. The only difference will be in the mods area.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:11 PM

hey dan if u want some help or just an editor let me know id b glad to help u out!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Monte How To/DIY Book/Ebook