General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Monte down!! MEDIC!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 08:19 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Monte down!! MEDIC!!!

Yeah, the Monte got hit from behind. I'm ok but my Monte isn't. Wonder how long it will take to fix this. Lets say a prayer to the GM gods to make the monte pull thru.

I can't seem to post pics directly to post.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...jpg?520718-254

Old 09-10-2008, 08:26 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Monte down!! MEDIC!!!

I am soooooo sorry about your Monte, but I am glad you are OK!

Old 09-10-2008, 08:30 PM

I am glad you are ok. Sad to see the monte broken up. I have had a couple of wrecks and always tried to look at the silver lining. Projector headlights with angel eyes look amazing on that car. If you have to fix might as well upgrade. Also some led tails. And maybe a custom paint job (stripe or ghost flames). Just some ideas. Glad you are ok.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:46 PM

Ouch, glad to hear you're okay atleast, that way you can fix the Monte back up.

I agree with Todd on the whole projector headlight and new tails thing. They do look great. If I ever get hit then I plan on getting my stripes painted if there is much body damage.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:29 AM

Hi `Noe,
[X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(]
Glad to read that you were not physically hurt, but I know that
you are hurtmentally : (
How did the accident happen ?
I would take your Monte to the Top Three Body Shops in
your Texas area for estimates, and also do the suggested `Mod`s
while your Awesome Monte is in the AutoHospital.
Please keep us updated on what you do to your Monte Carlo.
Wish you good luck on your highways of life.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Wow it looks like you were hit hard. Im glad you are ok. Has the adjuster looked at it yet? Looks like its gonna need a passenger side rear rail, a quarter panel and probably a few other body panels. Good luck with the repair. Make sure you keep a copy of the estimate. Ask to see every new panel that they put on the car. Insist on OEM for the repair so you know you are getting the best parts. I have seen some people write replace panel on the estimate, then fix the panel half-assed and keep the money saved from buying the panel for sheer profit. Thats why I say ask to see every panel. Stop into the shop time to time to see the progress also. They will do a much better job procedure wise if they know you could stop in at any minute. Good luck.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:09 AM

So sorry about your crash! It's always a sad day when a Monte gets wrecked, and yours looks so new and well cared for. Get her to the best body shop in town, and keep us posted. Were you able to drive it? I mean it wasn't towed, right?

Old 09-11-2008, 11:50 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear yet another Monte got injured. Glad you're okay though. You did post your neck hurts somewhat didn't you? lol

As long as you get what they owe you then things should be fine. Do not give in till you are satisfied!!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 09:52 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I got hit pretty hard. Around 40 mph in stop and go traffic. The one who hit actually fled the scene. He tried to cross the center lane where I was in a three lane highway and wasnt able to get by. Traffic was moving at 10 mph so there was no reason to be going that fast when he could of crossed the lanes with pretty of time. The right lane is an exit only lane to downtown and that's where he went. I didn't know he fled untill after I got on the right shoulder. I was able to drive it and the Monte actually did a god job in absorbing the impact for me not to feel the brunt of the force too much.

I'm taking it to a real good shop. Been there once and it a top notch place. Very professional. I had the appointment moved from Friday to Monday cause I was originally going to another shop but changed my mind.

Also on this modding thing I dont quite understand. Can I tell the shop to add custom stuff or are you guys just suggesting that once its in the shop might as well bring it out better than when it came in?? Don't the shosp just repair it to the way it was before? Can I ask them to do custom stuff to it?

I'm also hoping that its not totaled like some of my buds suggested. This looks like an EXPENSIVE accident. My 03 Pontiac Vibe was hit from behind in the hatchback door.....$3000 to repair and it didn't even look that bad.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:43 PM

Whoa, those are easily the sweetest LED taillights Ive seen. I freakin love how they are circles, and not ugly ricer dots. What kind are they? I might need to bite your style!

Quick Reply: Monte down!! MEDIC!!!