General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Milestones

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Milestones

So I hit a milestone today. 95,550 miles on the Intimidator SS. What's the milestone there? The extended warranty ran out today. So what's the 1st thing to go out now? He's in pretty top shape yet. I'm going to do a complete service on the blower this spring, along with new plugs, and probably a transmission service and coolant flush at 100,000 miles. I've replaced the coils, plugs, and wires. Brakes are new. 2 new flex plates. New gauge cluster and sunroof switch (under warranty).

So what are your milestones?

Old 01-14-2009, 09:38 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Milestones

I'm right on your toes mileage wise!! I ticked over 95,000 coming to Campbell last weekend... so I'll be right with you in a few weeks I'm sure.

No major milestones yet... 85,000... 90,000.... looking for 100,000 around April or so. We'll have to get pics of our gauge clusters at 6 figures....

Old 01-14-2009, 09:45 PM

the first thing to go on chevys tends to be the altenator (this is around 100000 miles) and then the fuel pump. that has proven true on 2 of my moms suburbans, my brothers silverado and the alternator just went in my dads silverado SS, then my jimmy the alt went then the heater core and fuel pump and whee bearing.

not hard fixes at all. so far its been good with my monte. the milestone on myne was 36000 miles... no extended warranty i cringed and said whats going to go first. im at 40 now and nothing.

GOOD LUCK!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 01-14-2009, 10:16 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

I hit 115k last week...

Old 01-15-2009, 12:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04

So I hit a milestone today. 95,550 miles on the Intimidator SS. What's the milestone there? The extended warranty ran out today. So what's the 1st thing to go out now? He's in pretty top shape yet. I'm going to do a complete service on the blower this spring, along with new plugs, and probably a transmission service and coolant flush at 100,000 miles. I've replaced the coils, plugs, and wires. Brakes are new. 2 new flex plates. New gauge cluster and sunroof switch (under warranty).

check the transmission oil lines it's locate down below by the radiator there should be 2 lines. the L67 have problem with it leaking at the fitting end. i replaced mine at about 27k miles. might as well replace coolant elbows too they do leak (very common). there are 2 of them one in front and the other behind the alternator. look for leak on water pump, after hitting 60k miles normally seal, gasket, or the pump itself start showing some wear. replace fuel filter if you haven't yet. check on the supercharged belt tensioner and all the belts.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

The transmission lines are something I have to keep an eye on. Mine are spliced, and a tranny cooler put inline there, and leaks have been a problem. I'm hoping the fuel pump won't be an issue, as I try to run only Amoco Ultimate gas, and IMHO it's the cleanest fuel on the market.I have an extra fuel filter, so I'll throw that on. Alternator might have to go, as I'm pushing the limits of it anyway with this stereo. The main drive belt is original. I need to replace that. Thanks for the reminder.

I got thinking about the transmission service, and I'm thinking about putting on a ribbed pan when they do the service. Any thoughts on that?

Old 01-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

117,xxx, don't know what was or wasn't done by the PO but a week after I got it I had the catalytic converter replaced free under a special policy (108,000). Tuesday evening I had the ignition cylinder/passlock replaced, hope that takes care of that damned annoying no start/flashing/wait ten minutes security light.

Planning to change the tranny fluid/filter and the the engine coolant this spring. And may have the guy thatreplaced the ignition, replace my ISS too. He said he's been changing a lot to the new design at work and so far he hasn't seenany come back, I'm waiting to see if that holds true a while longer - maybe they don't have enough miles yet.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04

Wow I have the same milage within about 100 miles. I plan on the transmission flush, tune up, synthetic oil canges as usuall, and Tire rotation in the next 5 months.
I plan on doing a Brembo Brake upgrade as well

Old 01-15-2009, 02:48 PM

Still a little behind, close to 62k and that's the milestone for my next oil change. Can't say I'm looking forward to crawling under my car in the snow...

Old 01-15-2009, 03:46 PM

yea the fuel pumps in chevys do that my tahoe had one put in it last winter the cold did it in. im waiting for something else to go now its got around 142k and it was 13 below this morning so its just a mater of time and my monte is just around 82k

Quick Reply: Milestones