General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Local news did a write up on my Monte

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 11:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Local news did a write up on my Monte

This past summer I did one car show, it was a Import by invitation only, which I did not realize till I got there. I did know it was an Import car show and that is usually the crowd or type of people who will actually stop and look at my build. At most domestic car shows if you don't have a 55 Chevy, 32 Ford, 68 Camaro etc. they just walk right on by, so frustrating. Anyway I was refused entry and I'm like what? It's a car show right, and then they explained it was by invite only. They had special cars coming in from all over the western U.S.. I was bummed, a rainy day and I try to avoid driving in the rain if possible. So I park my Monte and went in and talked to the Rally Sport Direct managers, went on about how my car was turbocharged and domestic etc. Mentioned I had bought parts from them that were on the car, la la la. I found the right ear as he knew the shop that built my car, he looked at it and told me to bring it in, the gate attendants were like no way, and in I came with the exhaust cutout open, idling along to my spot. Turned a lot of heads and had plenty of people stop by and really look over the car inside and out. Well an individual from our local news station KSL attended the event. He does to Detroit, Chicago, LA, Geneva, Berlin car shows etc. to see what is new. As luck would have it he had a Supercharged Regal years before and so he could appreciate all the work it took to get my Monte to where it is at. We exchanged numbers etc., about a month later I get a phone call from him, he needed and article to submit and wanted to do one on my Monte Carlo. Spent about 15 minutes with him on the phone answering his questions, offering up what I could. He requested I email him photo's immediately as he had a deadline to make. So I'm like this is too cool, did what he asked and about a week later the article on my Monte was published online. It takes a special person to ever appreciate the FWD Monte Carlo, glad he found my car and thought it was worthy. He said it really impressed him with what was done to the Monte, and he see's all the new Corvettes, BMW's etc,, so I felt it was extra neat that my car made an impression on him.

Quick excerpt:

SALT LAKE CITY — There are plenty of speed freaks who would look past a 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo —it’s front-wheel drive, it’s hard to get good aftermarket parts, so who would blame them? Greg Hubbs would. He bought his W-body new from Barber Brothers and has done nothing but turn overlookers into onlookers ever since.

Link to article:
Utahn custom builds high-performance Monte Carlo | KSL.com

Old 01-11-2017, 05:09 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

That's cool Greg!! Congrats
Nice article.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's awesome!

Old 01-12-2017, 09:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

That's badass, nice!

Old 01-12-2017, 10:47 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

I thought it was pretty awesome, thanks everyone... Figured I would share some good news about a Monte getting some love...

Old 01-13-2017, 07:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

That's a great story and it's a fun thing that the fellow took an interest and they did a story. I think I may have read something online about that, when I was doing a Monte search for something and caught a picture of it. I sometimes do a google search and then click images and look at all the pretty pictures and when I find one I like I go to the site.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member

Nice write up. Glad your car got some of the recognition it deserves.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:05 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Thanks again everyone... Our Monte Carlo's are probably in the Top 10 of the most underrated cars, sad I mean our lines are just gorgeous, what a body style, no other like ours.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question

Yep, the lines are fine, but I think because the Monte is a V-6 Front Wheel Drive, It doesn't get much respect.
If it was rear wheel drive it might obtain a little more attention.

There was someone on the MCF that was working to do a rear wheel drive Monte a few years back but I can't remember who?

Old 01-14-2017, 11:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Very cool write up. Thanx for representing & sharing.

I always thought Monte Carlo's were pretty badass for a FWD.