General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

KR and choke?

Old 04-30-2014, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default KR and choke?

so i recently had to change 2 coils picked up some a set used from a junk yard.

it was going thru some bad shifting, misfires and hesitation not to mention my kr meter shoots upto 12 sometimes.
i changed the 2 coild that need to go and now have kr issues. after 3rd gear around 3-4k rpm i hear some kind of sparking or knocking and even if my foot is still on the pedal the car feels like its off for a second

i have the zzp super charge kit installed never had any kr issues till now.

what im wondering if its still from the coils or not, what i find unusal is when im on the highway, and try to go faster the engine feels like it stops for a sec kr meter shoots up i hear a lil knocking or sparking like when u unplug a wire from the coil.

i run 93 octane, engine feels weird still like loss of power and sluggish

thanks

Old 05-01-2014, 05:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sure it's the coils and not the plugs or wires?

Old 05-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

You need to get off the throttle when you see that kind of kr! Kr will turn your engine into a ticking time bomb very quickly. I suggest doing a compression and a leak down test on the engine to make sure the engine is still ok and you haven't chipped a piston etc. If the engine is good you need to data log to figure out what is happening to cause the kr.

I would change the other coil and change plugs and wires. I don't think it's a ignition issue but doesn't hurt to do a tune up. I'm thinking more along the lines of a fuel issue though imo

Old 05-03-2014, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member

Yea changing the coils got rid of my misfires, I'll take off the 3 fron plugs and check em out, I just tuned it up like 11 months ago with the install of the supercharged kit tho. I no i do have a fuel sender problem gauge goes from f to e every ten seconds , Also mechanic told me of a fuel pressure issue causing it to take long to start. And yes i did the fpr wasted 60$ :@ I dno i guess I'll check on the plugs in the am see what condition there in. If not I'm gna have to dish out for this ridiculous fuel pump job.

It sux i have to drive real easy on highways going to and from work

Wat y'all think?

Old 05-03-2014, 01:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by NYGiantsfan
Yea changing the coils got rid of my misfires, I'll take off the 3 fron plugs and check em out, I just tuned it up like 11 months ago with the install of the supercharged kit tho. I no i do have a fuel sender problem gauge goes from f to e every ten seconds , Also mechanic told me of a fuel pressure issue causing it to take long to start. And yes i did the fpr wasted 60$ :@ I dno i guess I'll check on the plugs in the am see what condition there in. If not I'm gna have to dish out for this ridiculous fuel pump job.

It sux i have to drive real easy on highways going to and from work

Wat y'all think?
Check your fuel pressure... 12* of KR is horrible... Keep your foot out of it, or it's gonna blow up.

And fuel pumps are easy to do on later model W bodys... There's an access hatch in the trunk. Make sure you look at your wires on the sending unit also.

That being said, it never hurts to have a spare MAF laying around.