General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

interior differences

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Default interior differences

hey guys im curious.. some of the ss 03s have leather heated and others have cloth... im just wonderin if that's the only difference of the car and in the future would it be possible to install the heated leather seats in a car that now has cloth?

Old 04-07-2008, 05:09 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: interior differences

i don't think you can put heated seats in the cloth ones... but i may be wrong. the first SS monte i ever test drove was white, no sunroof, and cloth interior . i actually liked it a lot if it is an SS then thats probably one of the only differences... should have a 140 speedo and all the goodies

Old 04-07-2008, 05:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

If you want to put in heated leather seats you may need to run the wiring for them. I dont know if the wiring is under the carpet for them already or not. Probably not.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I vaguely remember someone talking about this before. I believe the the wire harness is there, it's just a simple case of unbolting the cloth seats, and bolting in the leather seats. I was told if the seats are from the same gen Monte, they'll plug right in to the factory harness.

But you may want to feel around under the seats to see if you can find a wire harness and connector that doesn't seem to be plugged into anything. I'd do this before you purchase anything.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I just looked under my driver's seat. There's a wire harness wrapped in black coming out of the carpet under the driver's seat. It leads to a blackeight pin connector (two rows of four). Not all the pins on the connector are used. I have the heated leather seats, and only 6 of the 8 pins have wires going to them.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:57 PM

hey guys thanks for the input... the hheated leather woul be nice... but even if I can't plug in the heater part I still may want the leather seats for comfort... I test drove an 04 ss with leather the other day and it was exactly the comfort feel I wass lookin for... ill keep in mind the other cool little gadgets that deffinatley come with the leather... what exactly should I look for? like sunroof and that sort of thing?

Old 04-07-2008, 06:16 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wouldn't the heated feature of the seats already be in the wiring like Taz mentioned? All you would need would be the leather seats with this feature so you can take advantage of it.

Also, the dash control. (at least mine is mounted on the dash with the HVAC controls)

We took my '06 LTZ to Michigan on saturday. I wasn't happy about 340 miles put on the car but the coolness factor cruising the interstate with all the stares from other drivers helped ease the pain for me.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I forgot to mention, the switches for the seat heaters are mounted on the center console between the two front seats.

It's possible the wiring may be sitting in the under side of the console, and you just need to mount and connect the switches. That would make sense anyway. But as Rick found out with his fog lights, GM doesn't always throw in all the necessary wiring.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:53 PM

our cars hve the heated fetures in all of them it is in the ORG. harness.
AS am matter of fact i have it used for the lights under my dash as they have a light circut in them and come on wiht out head lights to power the switch.

But the wires are there.
you need the heaters, seats,and also in the center council is a switch plate (right unde rthe cup holder right now it is a blank)

But the option has a set of switches one for both sides.

you cna bolt the seats striaght in to the car no probs . as far as i knwo you can even use the power seat options for the passenger side with out a issue also.
SO if you do this do your self and the pass. a favor and pull the seats out of a pace car or at least oen with a power option on the pass side.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:38 PM

you have all been very helpful!! if everything goes as planned i should be joining your family by the weeks end!!