General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Interchangeable Parts Monte's to Lumina's

Old 09-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Default Interchangeable Parts Monte's to Lumina's

Hey all, just got a 98 Lumina 3100 given to me by a friend as a tax write off, looking to put some headlights and stuff on it just for looks. Noticed that the headlights from the Monte's look alot like the ones from the Lumina's was just seeking confirmations of my perceptions, can I buy aftermarket 98 Monte headlights to bolt right on?

Btw, did research before creating an account just to ask this question, can't find much online apparently no one modifies these gen Lumina's lol, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Almost all parts are interchangeable including the headlights.

The aftermarket headlights available for these cars aren't very good. They look cool, but the light output is horrible. I put them on my car but I modified them with projectors because I couldn't stand the horrible light output.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:24 AM
Default Nice

Thanks.

Nice Monte Carlo. I guess the modding begins then lol, tons of stuff for 95-01 Monte Carlo's just wasn't finding anything for Lumina's Guess I'll just use interchangeable like you say. Thanks again.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:34 PM

you could always do an engine swap to the 3800 and then do a topswap to get the Supercharger! donor cars would be 98-99 Z34 monte carlo, Lumina LTZ, or lumina police package.

I have done this swap. I also have the digital dash out of the police lumina and the rubber front carpet. these cars also have upgraded suspension.

ZZAPULTIMATE how did you do those tail lights? those look pretty cool

Old 09-29-2013, 08:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

Originally Posted by z34phoenix
you could always do an engine swap to the 3800 and then do a topswap to get the Supercharger! donor cars would be 98-99 Z34 monte carlo, Lumina LTZ, or lumina police package.

I have done this swap. I also have the digital dash out of the police lumina and the rubber front carpet. these cars also have upgraded suspension.

I really want to get a hold of some lumina 9C3 parts. I'd love to have the digital cluster and I really really really want the recaro seats. I'll never find those though.

Pheonix - I made my LED tails. You can see my build thread here : https://montecarloforum.com/forum/in...t-build-40585/

Old 09-30-2013, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by z34phoenix

Nice, thanks for the info.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

'95-'99 monte hood, bumpers, lights, fenders, seats, and dash parts are just some of the many parts that'll swap

Old 09-30-2013, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by skylark65
'95-'99 monte hood, bumpers, lights, fenders, seats, and dash parts are just some of the many parts that'll swap
Even the back seats? I could go get leather front and back seats that would hook right up? I live in an apartment complex and can't do any major modifications at the moment such as grinding, welding, drilling etc.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Default Blacking out lights

Took appart the headlight assemblies and primer and painted the inside chrome over with gloss black, taped up the chrome behind the regular headlights so I'd have some light still lol, blacked out the side markers and am currently debating whether I should waste the lens tint on the trunk panel that comes on the lumina or buy a monte trunk panel. Hmm, 50 bux on ebay... Anyone know if the Leather seats could be bolted up from a monte going into a lumina?

Old 10-03-2013, 09:21 PM

depends on the year. 95-99 monte will be direct swap with lumina. also any 89-96 grand prix or olds cutlass will work as well. I have seats from a cutlass supreme.

please put up pics of the head lights!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interchangeable Parts Monte's to Lumina's