General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Idea's for the New Year

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 02:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default Idea's for the New Year

Ok all, any opinions welcome on these ideas

First I am going to get the Duraflex Lip Kit for the front and the side skirts to match, My local autosports shop said he could get the kit at dealers cost for like $300 instead of a full body kit at $700.

Then If I have Hot Shots AZ fix my vinyl and redo it for $400, this includes a full roll of the reflective black material, and since they don't really get alot of requests for this vinyl I will be owning my own roll, so there will be plenty left over I think.

I will get the lip kit covered in the reflective black material, It will change at night and day and will look cool I think, I don't think they charge me alot to do this and it will be easy for them to do.

Then I will get the side stripes done at the bottom of my car and the top curves on the side cut out in my reflective black, I will have all my stripes and side skirts in matching colors which should flow nicely.

Then in the trunk I am going to put a oval kids stock car track that is electric so kids can race the cars and have fun and so its something cool, I am going to do a race theme trunk. Oh and in the middle of the track I will display my stereo amp where there is an empty space. so the race track will be on the outside of the amp. I will add white neons so its all nicely lit up for night time as well.

I am definately just thinking of having my stripes redone the same way I did, I get alot of positive feedback and just want to get a quality material, I will let autotrim know still, I think my problem happened because I got the reflective material, but I have seen police cars fire trucks with reflective logos in vinyl and they have gone through the heat cold and weather storms like mine has and theirs havnt fell apart, I got a low grade in quality in the reflective material, there are beter quality grades for this material to last me much longer.

Post your thoughts if you like

Old 12-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Default RE: Idea's for the New Year

wow..... a whole bunch of good ideas. i especially like the race trank. (track+trunk=trank)
i need to think of some stuff for myne. i dunno if i told you but im thinking a light synthesizer that i can get wired into my subs so the lights (leds mounted everywhere) will blink with the bass. i think itd be cool but i dunno.

did you ever get your leds figured out?

Old 12-12-2008, 09:59 PM

Yea I did thanks to you, I am gonna order the led that you showed me,

I like the TRANK term, nice one

I have so many idea's running through my head I just want to make them reality, Can't have everything at once but with time I will get there one day.

I am going to just lower the front end by an inch put the fron lip on and the side skirts and reflect black them and I think it will have a unique look.

I like your bass lighting Idea, You should go for it.

I am going to make a display for my car one day that shows off the reflective black perfectly, you don't notice it unless the lighting from the sun really hits it at the right spots, so I want to put a tent over my car that you see at shows and put lights from the back of the car to the front on the tent using medal piping and other materials, I want to place lights on the car mat idea that will make the ground effects change from black to the reflective color. This will be time consuming and alot of Trial and error
Just an Idea

Old 12-12-2008, 11:15 PM

I'm getting a whole new Ground Effects Kit, painted to not-quite match my Monte's color and then put-on with sheet-rock screws, by a couple of Meth addicts who are desperate for some dough 'cause they really need a fix.

There are some pix of a job they did for another guy around here, someplace!

Old 12-13-2008, 12:04 AM

replace both front wheel bearings and hub assemblies

take all of my LEDs out and wire them the right way with color coated wires.

Help my dad get all the parts ready for his 69 440 charger that will be coming home this week.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Depending on work, cuz at 40 hours, there's no mod'ing budget. LONG list for the year, mostly on the 07 Solstice GXP, but all vehicles.

04 Intimidator SS:
1.9 rockers
polished aluminum valve covers
finish out the trunk
new mp3 player, or better yet,an Ipod that interfaces with the Pioneer deck
put in the 02 Intimidator speedo overlay Ive had for almost 2 years now.
tint the windows
get an HP tuner Pro Suite

07 Solstice GXP, "Lucy":
turbo wheel upgrade (to go from 350hp to 420+hp+)
turbo blanket and other heat wrap products
Royal Purple XPR 5w-30 oil (NOT GM approved, but THE best)
leather upgrades in the interior by JPM Coachworks
DDMWorks Probeam differential support
DDMWorks backbone brace chassis support
quad Magnaflow exhaust tips with a custom facia surrounding it.
better tires, maybe some MT drag radials for the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour.
20s maybe the following year

99 Silverado Z71:
new radio and speakers, Ipod friendly.

82 Olds Regency 2 dr coupe "Ethyl". She just sits pretty in our garage, usually only driven to Church on Sundays, but she needs attention, also. She just got a new exhaust and radiator, so she's much more roadworthy now:
New liners for the C pillar posts and new visor covers, and new roof liner if they can't be matched.
SERIOUS detail job, including touching up stone nicks in the paint.
getting the cruise control to work somehow. Parts are unavailable.

Good start!

Old 12-13-2008, 08:09 PM

we should ask hp tuners to if they can give us like a group buy speacial price, I know others on the forum have their stuff and some of us want to buy the tuning product. Never hurts to ask we will have to ask that in the new year