General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

I give up

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default I give up

I am givin up trying to keep my car nice... No matter what i do someone screws things up for me! I am so sick of coming out and finding dents in my doors or scratches or a cracked bumper. Today i noticed that someone had hit my front bumper. The cracked it, scuffed the thing all to hell and looking closer actually pushed everything back. Then later i noticed that someone had dinged and scratched my door...again! i give up...i really dont care anymore. good luck everyone with keeping your cars nice

Old 04-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

WTF!!! where were you parked? man that SUCKS. some people are f'n unbelievable!!!

Old 04-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've felt the same way so many times with various cars that I've owned.

But I decided that letting my car go all to hell and looking like crap only makes me look bad, not the a-holes damaging it.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Smile

Hang in there kweef! I feel your pain before i sold my camaro, at least twice a year someone would break into (smash the driver/passenger window) my car and steal everything. And at the time i was working at a mall.... So at least once a month someone would hit my door, fender, even had some old lady tap it T-bone status.... AND IT WAS PARKED! So hang in there, just got to think defensivly where you park... or buy a daily driver/designated decoy.... I had to buy a ford escourt for 100 bucks... no bumpers... lol and took that to places i knew someone was bound to hit it Needless to say.... it got T-boned at an intersection..... but if i had bein drivin my Monte..... I wouldnt have it today

Old 04-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

designated decoy - i love it!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:17 PM

yea man For sure HANG IN THIER.. Befor Monte Carlo You really want me to tell you what i went through??

I owned a 02 Olds Alero. Great Litte 2.4 LOL but lets say ive owed it for only 2 years. First 6 months went buy Great. after that. DU DUN DUNNNNNN.... Some one atemped theft all dash was smashed up ( because ignishion on dash) Get car back and Boom exaclly 2 weeks later some one atemp theft again!!!. cant drive it right. get the car back and about a month later some one Pushed a FUkin shopping cart into the rear left quater panel 2 nice big dents!!!!. got a buddie to fix that luckly. then about 4 months later some one broke into my car smashed windsheild and stole evrything evan my insurance papers :S but left the car... And about 4 months ago Some one Hit and ran and Left Fender and door where all messed up. AUTO PACK WROTT IT off. reason Becase i never had my windsheild or door lock fixed from the last brake and enter soo they calculated that into the estimate and writt it off!! now and A PROUD OWNER OF my 05 MONTE CARLO SS!! But still Hang in thier! My alero wasnt a good ending but hey thing was only worth 5 grand LOL...

Old 04-04-2009, 12:44 AM

my ex girlfriend backed into my camaro, then my brother backed into it, then my neighbor backed into it and really effed it up. it got fixed every time and you'd never know the difference. my sister backed into my monte several months after i had it, it too got fixed and looks fine. I've driven beaters during the winter for as long as i can remember, and have never had so much as a door ding on any of them except for when I smashed my 84 two door caprice into a tree one winter, it's just they way it goes.

I'm careful with my cars, but if you drive them they're bound to to get banged up a little, in my case, by my family members! does it suck? yep, but it happens unless you keep it in a garage and don't drive it and where's the fun in that?

be thankful you don't have bigger problems, i broke my neck a little over a year and a half ago and am paralyzed- I don't seem to sweat the little things anymore, it can always be worse.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:28 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Custom, I am very sorry to read about the things that have happened to you.

On the damaged car subject. You own a nice car other people will screw with it every single time. Either denting it. Trying to steal it. Or just plain jealousy.

I always try to keep my cars looking nice. I got tired of the people I work with hitting my car so I stopped keeping it looking as nice as I was keeping it. Now they seem to stay away from my car. lol

Buy a car you don't feel the need to keep looking as nice as your Monte if you can afford to and drive it. People will tend to keep away from it.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

man, i'm sorry to hear that, that seems to happen to me in bursts, some points i wont have anything happen, then other's its like 1 day after the next it happens.

when i used to live in the condo's a year ago, there was a lady that drove a white car that came over to visit someone on the other side of the place but she'd always park beside me and i'd always have a new dent in my door everytime she left, i even caught her the once, and she wouldn't do anything...she's like private property, doesn't matter, which is true, but it sucks!

Old 04-04-2009, 10:53 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

If I ever caught someone, Id probably go all Chris Brown on them.

Quick Reply: I give up