General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

i did it.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Default i did it.....

I've been looking at buying a supercharged 2004-2005 monte to replace my aging 2001 LS. I was planning on holding onto my 2001 until fall 2009 (it's got 119k now, and I drive a little over 20k a year), but while I at my parent's house for thanksgiving, I saw a 04 Intimidator SS at a dealer for eleven thousand with 30k miles.

Someone had just traded it in earlier this week.

I bought it this afternoon, trading in the 01.

I'm picking it up tomorrow.

I'm super excited.

Here's a link to the dealerships page with a pic......http://www.blueknobauto.com/auto_detail.php3?id=47917

It looks pretty much stock, but it does have the intimidator logo across the top of the winshield, and it looks like the brake calipers are painted black.

I'm gonna take a few pics of my 2001 monte and of the intimidator tomorrow. I'll post them asap.

Did I mention that I'm excited? The drive home sunday is going to be really fun....it's four hours from here back to philly (coming from altoona), but I actually can't wait now.

-Riggs.

I also quit smoking yesterday, so the money I'm saving from not smoking will be more than my car payment. Wish me luck on the not-smoking thing. I'm only 2 days in but feel good about it.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: i did it.....

Congrats! That's a sweet ride and a real mans car! Good luck with the smoking thing - you wouldn't wanna smoke in a car like this anyway

Old 11-29-2008, 08:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ryan, Congrat's on purchasing one of the best performing late model Chevys out there! And the LAST of the full sized GM 2 doors.

Try REAL hard to get the "certificate of authenticity" that came with it. The owner PROBABLY still has it. The "Intimidator" window sticker was something that came from the factory, I believe with the COA. Most people didn't put it on, but some did. It's factory.

Sounds like a pretty good deal on a low milage car, but considering it runs on PREMIUM ONLY, it makes it harder to sell. I had an all black 01 SS LE with 116K when I bought this Intimidator almost 3 years ago. "HE" has almost 93K on him now, bought with under 5K on him. He was also bought from PA, and trailered to MI. an eBay purchase from a F__d dealer. Notice I'm calling the Intimidator SS a "HE". The speedo overlay has a "Dale Earnhardt" signature. HE wouldnt like to be called a "SHE" now would he! This car is a "HE" or HIM".

1st mod, and do it NOW, put a cold air intake on it and get an additional 2 mpg. It won't take long to pay for itself. 2nd should be the u-bend delete pipe. EASY to get 300hp+ from these without much modding. I'm at about 315 myself, and still have the factory cat-back exhaust and no headers or cam. Never been opened. ZZPerformance keeps trying to get me to ADD a turbo kit to him every time I stop in there, but not this car. Maybe an M112 blower, but not a turbo.

And good luck on the non-smoker thing. LadyT just quit 2 weeks ago (again), and I know how addictive it is. Pray for God to take away the urges when they arise. She does, and it works for her. She is also using the patch.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:41 AM

Rockn, I ALWAYS love looking at your stable. Beauties. Congratulations, Riggs. I would have to say that is my favourite specialty model. "He" looks gorgeous.

I wish you all the best with quitting your addiction and I am happy for you. My wife's family and mine have seen many "very unpleasant" things associated with that, I do not wish the same for you.

I am sure we all can't wait for pics!!

Old 11-29-2008, 02:41 PM

[align=center]Hi `Riggs,[/align][align=center]The Bums, & I are happy 4 you. It is super to have a Monte Carlo, but it is[/align][align=center]Super/Super to be able to find/purchase a low miled 04 SS Intimidator 4-Sure : )[/align][align=center]The only thing Smok`in should be your tires : )[/align][align=center]Member RocknSS04 posted some great infor 4 U.[/align][align=center]Wish you safe miles, and good luck with your new purchase.[/align][align=center]WoW, U R `Lucky...EnJoy`Space[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/CBBF7091DCD4440189ED4359E653AA27.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/A86A06745F28419E80A92D1E58CC9213.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 11-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the Intimidator! Definitely ask about the Cert. of Authenticity.

Good luck on quitting smoking. Don't stop trying! One day at a time.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member

I just got back from running around town, after picking up my car, showing it off, and going out with a few friends.

I absolutely love my new car.

I mean, I loved my 01, but the Intimidator is exactly what I wanted.

I got the previous owner's address when I was signing all of the title papers (it was easy to remember because she lives in the same town as my parents and about three blocks from my little brother).

I figure I'll send her a letter and inquire about the COA and service records.

She kept this car completely cherry. Looks like it just rolled off the assembly line. I'll also have to thank her for keeping this Intimidator in such good shape.

Wayne - I'm sure I'm going to have a million questions for you in the next few months, so be prepared for a few PM's from me (I really like what you've done with your car).

Also, I'm not much of a religious man (you could say I'm a recovering catholic...), but I also decided to use the patch. It works incredibly well. Made quitting for the past three days incredibly tolerable. Send Lady T my best wishes on quitting.

I definitely plan on dropping a cai in asap, but I'm having trouble deciding between the wizaired and the K&N. I've been researching them for awhile, but it's a tough decision. I'll have the cash for one as soon as I get paid at the beginning of the month, so hopefully I can decide real soon.

Space - thanks for the COA. That rules.

-Riggs.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:15 AM

Below information from the link MCF Member BiggRiggs posted
[:-] [:-] [:-]

Sold Pending Finance
Finance Approved
New Owner is now out on the
Road searching for Mustangs

Click to enlarge image
VEHICLE INFORMATION:

MLS
20858A

VIN
2G1WZ151749373578

Style
Coupe

Make
CHEVY

Model
MONTE CARLO SS

Year

Color
BLACK

Mileage

Price
$11,498

Kelly Blue Book Price:

$13,700.00

Description:

[ul][*]V6 3.8L SUPERCHARGED[*]REAR SPOILER[*]PREMIUM WHEELS [/ul]

[ul][*]HEATED SEATS[*]ONSTAR[*]TRACTION CONTROL [/ul]

Options:

[ul][*]Automatic[*]Air Conditioning[*]Power Steering[*]Power Windows[*]Power Locks[*]Tilt Wheel[*]Cruise[*]Radio [/ul]

[ul][*]CD Player[*]Front Airbags[*]Leather[*]Power Seats[*]Moon Roof[*]Front Wheel Drive [/ul]
Riggs, All the MCF Membership wish you safe/happy/fun/fast miles in your new Intimidator....EnJoy [8D]4-Sure
Oh, keep us updated on Mod`s, and your Review...Good Luck

Old 12-01-2008, 12:04 AM

go with the wizaired.....i have heard nothing but good things about it, am buying one myself after new years, cuz i dont have the cash right now,...and as far as K&N goes, just buy a 9" cone to put on the intake...dont much care for their cold air kits...over-priced and over-hyped

Old 12-01-2008, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member

i need to stop thinking about this. it's hurting my brain right now......

Quick Reply: i did it.....