General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Gone But Not Forgotten Monte Carlos

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 09:45 PM

May all the montes that have been lost be forever remembered here.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:37 PM

i pray i never have to lose my 87 ss i love it so much i dont think any level of engine damage or tranny failure with make me part ways with it since a 305 is cheap and im sure the tranny aint to expensive. but i am not new to the loss of a vehicle. i bought a 1991 chevy s10 off craigslist i paid 800 bucks she was in rough shape appearance wise but she ran like a champ. now she ran great but that doesnt mean she didnt have a issue or 2 i had dissapearing coolant and a power steering fluid leak so bad i used a quart a week. i loved that truck but one day on the way to work i had to cross the highway to go in the opposite direction. my usual route was blocked so i had to take the bad route.
with the bad route you have to swing all the way from the center of the road to the slow lane almost going off the should because you turn so wide. well i waited and waited for a opening well it finally came both lanes clear i made my urturn and actually ran on the shoulder. when i finally got into my lane and started going i notice a big rig coming down on me and he wasnt slowing down or even paying attention. so in order to not get smashed by this big rig i checked all 3 of my mirrors and saw no one. i turned on my blinker and proceeded to change lanes.
turns out there was a dodge caravan chillin in the blind spot of my truck and we made contact at my driver door. he turned me sideways shooting me across the median where according to the guy i hit i went airborn when i came down i apparently hit a honda accord i then spun around and came to a stop when i hit the guardrail when all was said and done i was facing the correct direction on the opposite side of the road i started on. my baby was totaled and i got 1680 bucks my from insurance company and bought my new 98 s10. my only injury was a knot cut and bruise on my shin from kicking the steering colum while trying to kick the door open since it was jammed shut. sorry if my pictures are big. i actually went to work 2 hours later after dealing with my insurance company.
this is the first day i got it and this is the aftermath

and this is the one i bought with the insurance money

Old 03-31-2012, 07:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

My 2001 Silver Monte protected wifey from a crazy girl on a cell phone that turned in front of her. Loved this car.

Attached Thumbnails  Gone But Not Forgotten Monte Carlos-dsc00007.jpg  
Old 07-10-2013, 10:36 AM

In 1978 I bought a 74 Monte with a 454 package . This was a special order car by the dealer in Charlottetown Prince Edward Island Canada for his own use in towing a travel trailer. It had all options including an electric sunroof. I made the huge mistake of trading it in 1979 for a 76 Datsun 280Z.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:45 AM

When I found my 99 on the lot there was another 99 in the insurance lot that had been T-boned. It's part of what sold me on my car. The door didn't even touch the driver's seat even though the impact was severe. It was sad to see a car less than a month old destroyed like that.

Mine has only had two accidents. The second was just a minor rearend collision. I had no damage. The first was the bad one. A tornado pushed a dumpster into the driver's fender. She ended up on the news. "9 dead in Monroeville, many homeless in Bay Minette, and in Foley a dumpster hit this car." It put things into perspective.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

its not a monte but its the car that sacrificed itself so that i may get the monte i have now. I did really like her alot. some ***** decided to turn on a red light and smacked into my driver side, I walked away fine, my son walked away fine as well....was crying because he dropped his bag of chips how the airbag cover went through the windsheild is beyond me.... R.I.P. lumina gone at 132k

Old 06-28-2014, 12:00 AM

Had a beautiful mint condition 1974 with a 454 big block and 76k original miles..Got the dumb idea in my head to trade it in on another rig and regretted it ever since! I have a 2000 Monte now, though which I love to no end! But, here are pics of my old '74, she was a dream machine on wheels!
Name:  MonteCarlo4_zpsf4f74967.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  134.8 KB
Name:  MonteCarlo3_zpsb28fb59a.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  137.2 KB
Name:  MonteCarlo2_zps92df22bf.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  81.4 KB
Name:  MonteCarlo_zps6d3aa18c.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  112.2 KB
Nothing had ever been touched on this car, all the smog equipment was still in working condition, the interior was all original and minus 2 cracks in the dash, it was perfect. It had new paint and a vinyl roof, however. The 8 track stereo still worked, the A/C worked so damn good it would about freeze you to death, even on a 100 degree day! Aside from that, it was a fun, tire-roasting machine. Handled great on the highway and rode as smooth as a pillow.

Gone, but never forgotten. I sure hope she went to a good home, not to some punk high school kid that would hack her up.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:42 PM

My first car and first Monte was this one owner 1985 SS. Was all original except for wheels. Only thing i added was some chrome exhaust tips and glasspack mufflers. and put some chrome Chevy valve covers and air cleaner under the hood. It got totaled twice, once from a deer and once due to inclement weather and a ditch that came out of nowhere. Eventually had the windows tinted and got it repainted, new sound system and a new engine. when I finally got rid of it after being bit by the Iroc camaro bug it had just over 163,000 miles on it. Man I miss this car!

Attached Thumbnails  Gone But Not Forgotten Monte Carlos-matts-ss-school.jpg  
Old 01-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Name:  DSC03145.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  129.2 KB
This is my '03 Monte Carlo SS High Sport I recently parted with. I owned it for just over 5 years. During that time I upgraded it with TerraYellow Split Ratio Rockers, replaced resonator with Magnaflow glass pack, a PCM tune by Overkill Performance, Foose Wheels and Pirelli tires. After 5 years though I grew bored of it so I traded it in on this:
Name:  2010CamaroSS_zpsc71ccdd0.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  95.5 KB

This is my '10 Camaro SS/RS. It came from the factory with the GM Performance Pack and special order 3.73 gears in the rear end. The stock Camaro without these options will pull down a mid 13 at about 110mph. The engine is all aluminum backed by a 6 speed automatic. This one is a bit quicker and will probably drop down to the high 12s after I tinker with it a bit. The handling is fantastic - just like you're glued to the ground. I think it will take a while before I get bored of this ride.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:51 PM
Default Traded the SS in, what a bad day.

Thanks for 10 years! Not prepared for my emotional reaction to leaving this beauty at the dealer. Ugh. I did not adult well today.

Name:  IMG_0166.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  88.4 KB

Quick Reply: Gone But Not Forgotten Monte Carlos