General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Found my SS Monte! Need some opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Default Found my SS Monte! Need some opinions!

Hey everyone! Been looking at a couple SS Monte Carlos lately. The supercharged SS I was looking at was just priced to high but I found an SS this weekend that I really like. It's an 03 SS, black with the silverish/grey trim along the bottom. Looks really clean inside and out and only has 47K miles. I think it was a one owner bought and traded back in to the same dealership. They just got it in a few days ago. Hadn't even been detailed when I looked at it. They have it for $11,900. Not sure how low they will go since it just came in but from what I've seen, I thought that price was about right for an 03 SS with 47k. Any opinions on the price? Wish I had some pics to post but they haven't had it on the lot long enough to even get pics yet! Any opinions would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Old 04-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Arrow Price is high in my opinion

Hi Member: RattPack,
Welcome 2 the MCF...., I think the price is a little `high
Have you searched on AutoTrader.com or Cars.com,
plus E-Bay Motors has some Super Montes 4-Sale.

I also suggest that you obtain a CarFax Report on the
Monte Carlo that you decide to purchase.
Wish you Super Good Luck on your Search.

Below is some information by MSN Autos

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Overview

View Pictures

Kelley Blue Book Price:$6,900 - $9,025Reliability Rating:
MSN Ratings & Reviews
User Rating:9.3Read ReviewsMSN Autos Rating:6.0Read Reviews

All Model Years

New for 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo gets 16-inch five-spoke aluminum wheels on the LS Sport and SS models, and 16-inch five-spoke sport aluminum wheels on the LS. Remote keyless entry becomes standard on LS, an XM satellite radio is optional on all models, and there are four new exterior colors.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:27 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The price for the mileage sounds about right.

Does the car have a lot of Toys? Cause that can affect price too as you're well aware of.

Make sure they check things like brake pads, tire tread, things like this. See if you can find out when the last oil/filter change was done on the car? If possible get the dealer to do an oil/filter change for you if you decide to buy the car.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:53 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

And make sure when you drive it, dont get the excited-ness that will make you ignore the small problems. Sounds like a great car though. Offer them 10k and say youll buy from them again, and Im sure they wont refuse it haha.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:38 PM

Ya I thought the $11,900 price was about right considering the mileage. If I did the Kelly Blue Book price check right, it was pretty close to that. It's got power everything, black leather, etc. If I could get them down to $10-$10.5K I'd be happy. 47,000 miles on a one owner '03 Monte is pretty low mileage. I've seen quite a few 02 03 04 SS Montes on wheels for you for around $10k with 60-80K miles. Going to go check it out tomorrow so I can see it all detailed and clean. Ask a few more questions and hopefully get the price and financing to work out in my favor. Any more opinions would be much appreciated! Wish me luck!

Old 04-06-2009, 06:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

AwesomeSS just got her silver '05 S/C SS for $10K. A few more miles, and not quite perfect paint (highway miles), but that might give you a clue as to the price. Cleanliness and maintenance records are worth a lot.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Arrow Good Luck

Originally Posted by RattPack
Ya I thought the $11,900 price was about right considering the mileage. If I did the Kelly Blue Book price check right, it was pretty close to that. It's got power everything, black leather, etc. If I could get them down to $10-$10.5K I'd be happy. 47,000 miles on a one owner '03 Monte is pretty low mileage. I've seen quite a few 02 03 04 SS Montes on wheels for you for around $10k with 60-80K miles. Going to go check it out tomorrow so I can see it all detailed and clean. Ask a few more questions and hopefully get the price and financing to work out in my favor. Any more opinions would be much appreciated! Wish me luck!
Good Luck Member: RattPack
Ask Dealer for a CarFax report on the 03 SS, it reveals some
great information. Also, if you have a friend that's has auto
knowledge ?, I would take them with you.
It sure pays 2 do your homework when making a large $ investment.
Please keep us updated on your purchase.
Double Good Luck from the MCF

Old 04-06-2009, 09:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

check for the simple things that this car is notorious for, and see if those problems can help you get the car cheaper or get them fixed before purchasing.

Ask if you take a look at the suspension, check all around the wheels, bushings, brakes and rotors (OEM ones suck) Check the struts and mounts (pop the trunk and push down on the carpet and see how well the monte bounces back) PLEASE don't just push down on the spoiler lol. Take it for a test drive and listen to the tranny shifts, make sure they aren't slipping. Feel the steering wheel, and try to feel for vibrations such as the intermediate steering shaft / wheel hub assemblies (where the bearings sit).

These cars and engines will last a very very long time if well maintained, so it will be a good investment... but I would kind of try to get that price down to a good 10.5k

Old 04-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Doesn't sound too bad. Like every one said check it over really well and see if you can get a CarFax report on it. Check out KBB.com