General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Ever think your color was changin?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Default Ever think your color was changin?

I just washed my car today and to me it looks like my car has turned more blue then the darker green when I bought it in august. Heres some pictures, but then again I might just be crazy.

Then

Now

Old 02-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Default RE: Ever think your color was changin?

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: Cut Throat

I just washed my car today and to me it looks like my car has turned more blue then the darker green when I bought it in august. Heres some pictures, but then again I might just be crazy.

Then
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi `John, yes you are just Crazy LOL[/align][align=center]or[/align][align=center]Have you been Smok`in anything illegal ? [8D][/align][align=center]or[/align][align=center]Did you have your shades/sunglasses `on ? [8D]lol[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Sorry `John, it sometimes can be the products you use on your[/align][align=center]Monte that reflects different then it was, and also the Sun in[/align][align=center]Cincinnati, Ohio and it`s element can also cause all paint [/align][align=center]surfaces to fade & change [X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Your Monte is `beautiful, even if it does change colors on [/align][align=center]you from green 2 blue. WoW[/align][align=center]Just EnJoy your LSD Color Changing Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center][&:][>:][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks 4 sharing/posting your pic`s.[/align][align=center]We have several members with painting experience, and I am[/align][align=center]sure they will share their knowledge, experience and post.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 02-15-2009, 07:01 PM

[align=center][:-]Beautiful Green Monte Carlo [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Watches rerun of That 70`s Show [8D][/align][align=center](basement scene: )[/align][align=center]&[/align][align=center]a few minutes later.........[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]WoW, it does change colors [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`John, what product are you using ? [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]I mean like wax, polish, etc[/align][align=center]Is it the original paint ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish you safe/fun miles in your `Monte[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/73EC54714C5E460F81A790D3BDCFC023.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 02-15-2009, 07:36 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't forget, UV will affect the paint on your car.

If the car set's outside 24/7 it's just that much more of a chance the sun has to work in the painted surfaces. (not to mention the interior)

ex. Your once nice, shiney silver car will change to grey primer. No shine, no gloss, no nuttin.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:41 PM

Haha you know me doin the LSD Guess my eyes are going bad at 16 already lol. It is stock color, but in the summer I can't decide about doing a full black metallic paint job, or repainting this color to cover up the many scratches and putting black racing stripes. What do you guys think? I just use some soap and such on it today too cold for wax ( only 38 degrees F!) but it looked terrible after the wind and rain storms we had so i thought today would be fine.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:46 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Stock color w/black stripes would be cool. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 02-15-2009, 07:57 PM

I'm getting a brickyard spoiler before that and a new front bumper thats lower RKsport so it looks more like the nascar series. You think the same black as trunk pannel or a gloss color?

Old 02-15-2009, 09:58 PM

if anything your top of the vehicle, (hood, roof, and trunk), would lighten up do to the clear coat fading over the years if its parked outside. a good wash and wax every three or so months would help eliminate that

Old 02-15-2009, 11:10 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

it looks the same to me... i think you've been inhaling too much of 'Space's stash!

Old 02-15-2009, 11:21 PM

my amber bronze monte changes from what looks like silver to gold. its a beautiful color that grew on me!

Quick Reply: Ever think your color was changin?