General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

documentation

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 05:46 AM
Default documentation

I recently bought a 2005 Monte SS Tony Stewart edition. The originial owner kept the paperwork for the car. Is there anywhere I can get replacement paperwork for this?, such as the car # and NASCAR authentication

Old 03-27-2009, 06:18 AM
Arrow Hope this helps

Originally Posted by ANDRE05SS#20
I recently bought a 2005 Monte SS Tony Stewart edition. The originial owner kept the paperwork for the car. Is there anywhere I can get replacement paperwork for this?, such as the car # and NASCAR authentication

Hi Member: Andreo5SS, & Welcome to the
Monte Carlo Family Forum.

We have several members with the awesome Tony Stewart Edition
that may have a link or infor on replacement. Did you check with
GM Chevrolet Div ?
Super Moderator WizKidd may have the infor, and if so, I am sure he will post. I just posted this morning on Thread Topic
Street `Thug a Tony Edition 4-Sale with only 24 miles : )
CLick on the below link to view infor on your Monte
Wish you safe/fun/happy miles in your Special/limited Edition Monte SS, and we hope you post some pictures.
Oh, check `out our Monte of the Month Contest,
and please `vote for your favorite.
Good Luck from Kid`Space
http://www.nascarick.com/tonys/

click above link

Old 03-27-2009, 11:25 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the web site.

Congratulations on buying the Tony Stewart Monte Carlo.

As for getting copies of the original paperwork for the car. It can be a test doing it.

It took me some eeffort to find out out our '03 Pace car replica when we bought in may of 2008. The original owner misplaced the paperwork for our car. But I finally was able to locate the company that originally printed up the certificates for the signature series and pace cars.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:42 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Welcome to the site. I had a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Dayton 500 special edition (I think only 2000 were built) and I kept the certificate of authenticity heeheehee!

Old 03-27-2009, 10:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Welcome. I don't believe you can get a duplicate, but maybe you can get a scan of the original at least? Can you locate the original owner?

Old 03-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If there is any way of contacting the original owner. I would. If they want a souvenir of thier owning the car, maybe offer to make a color copy of it for them. But try explaining that you NEED the original yourself. Try telling them it's for insurance purposes. Or come up with some other excuse for needing to keep the original.

Maybe the original owner is a member here?

The original owner wasn't a guy named Josh from Ontario was it?

Old 03-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

welcome, GREAT CAR!!! (guess i'm a little biased.)

i called chevy directly and they told me the # my car was out of the 1,020 that were produced. if you do a search on this forum you'll find the thread that has the phone # posted. i asked for the COA (Cert. of Authenticity) and they said they were going to send me a copy of it, but i haven't gotten it as of yet. however i did get a letter from GM stating which # it was, which i guess is better than nothing.

have you done anything to the car (mods/upgrades)? please post some pics, it's always nice to see my car's twins

Old 03-30-2009, 09:15 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

So I hope the person who bought my 2000 GTP doesn't come and hunt me down for the certificate of authenticity - it even has the vin printed on it - I framed it and I ain't gonna give it up LOL!!! I traded it back for my 03 Monte (It was a Smart Buy which was kinda a lease).

Old 03-31-2009, 02:15 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
So I hope the person who bought my 2000 GTP doesn't come and hunt me down for the certificate of authenticity - it even has the vin printed on it - I framed it and I ain't gonna give it up LOL!!! I traded it back for my 03 Monte (It was a Smart Buy which was kinda a lease).
Those of us who bought our Signature Series and Pace cars second hand don't like people like you. j/k lol

Old 03-31-2009, 09:05 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

My Dale Earnhardt Edition didn't have the orginal certificate either. The best I could get was an email from Chevy saying it was #1254 vof 3333. No duplicate, so I printed the email

Quick Reply: documentation