General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Do Not Top `Off your Gas Tank when filling ?

Old 03-30-2010, 10:49 AM

Yeah, see my understanding is like I said instead of taking 23.57 out of your checking they take 24 out and put the .43 in your savings. Only real plus I see in that is it could make balancing your checking statemnet easier... or more difficult... That's why I asked seems like it could cause more headaches then it would solve. Don't really care much for all the "bells & whistles" banking (debit card, atms, automatic bill pay, yada, yada, yada) Guess I'm an old fashioned guy

OK sorry back on topic everyone. :p

Old 03-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by JAFO
Yeah, see my understanding is like I said instead of taking 23.57 out of your checking they take 24 out and put the .43 in your savings. Only real plus I see in that is it could make balancing your checking statemnet easier... or more difficult... That's why I asked seems like it could cause more headaches then it would solve. Don't really care much for all the "bells & whistles" banking (debit card, atms, automatic bill pay, yada, yada, yada) Guess I'm an old fashioned guy

OK sorry back on topic everyone. :p
I hear ya.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:18 AM

Well you see, I never top off because.....well I dont have enough to! Haha

Old 03-30-2010, 11:27 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I NEVER top off. My Dad does and it drives me crazy!

Old 03-30-2010, 01:05 PM

it is wiered for me it stopes at every two gallons from a quarter tank to full so it is wiered i try not to over fill my monte or any of my vehicles. do to how many problems it could cause. but good post space

Old 03-30-2010, 02:34 PM

Unless the auto shutoff fails like it did 2months ago on me and fuel starts pouring out the spout and over the car.
That sucks, happened to me one time also- it also happened to be one of the very few times that I wasn't standing at the pump making sure it stopped about the right place (I was checking the oil).

Will be kinda weird paying for an odd amount.

Me: "Yeah, pump #7"
Cashier: "Okay. That'll be...uhh... $27.52??? What's the matter buddy? Too stupid to even it out?"
Credit card for sure- I don't have to mess with going in, don't care what the cent amount is, and the credit card company pays me in rewards to use it. Plus, if I get robbed- I can have the card canceled in a few minutes with a quick phone call, and I have very limited liability for lost/stolen CC charges. With cash, you lose everything you've got on you.

Plus, I imagine the more people use CC's, the less of a target gas stations are for thieves.

I've got that w/ Bank of America; its dumb. I guess it would be okay if you were the kind of person who absolutely couldn't manage to stick a dime in your savings- but for anyone that is financially conscious- its pretty stupid. The only upside is the first 90 days or so they match it (up to a certain dollar amount)- but with it just being change, it doesn't amount to much- I still do better with my credit card rewards.

I agree with not wanting all the bells and whistles- the only thing I ever use is an ATM and online banking. The ATM is nice because I can get cash whenever, wherever (for the rare places that don't take credit still) because I hate carrying cash; and the online banking so I can transfer funds without driving to the bank, and I so I can export to my Quicken software.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
x100000 I tell people this all the time. When the pump stops, you stop.

This is one reason I NEVER get gas in New Jersey, even though it is cheaper. You can't fill it up yourself, and all the time the attendants like to "round" the number so they don't have to carry so much change. I try to tell them I don't care what the price is, if I have to pay an extra 10 cents, I will. But half the time they don't understand what I am saying and do whatever they feel like.
As of July, 2009, Oregon State Law says that it is illegal to top off your tank. Diesel fuel is the only exception because of how much it foams, but it is still recommended that diesel is still not topped off.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 PM

i cant lie i alwayz top off my gas tank i will stop tho

Old 03-30-2010, 10:18 PM

well if anyone care to have an idea thrown at them, this is what i do...
i watch the gauge until it gets almost full, then i get out and listen until i hear it filling up into the "fill tube" and i stop it myself. you know how you can hear the tube fill up cause it gets a little higher pitch noise to it.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:29 PM

I think Mother nature would appreciate it more if we didn't litter or cut down her trees and tear up her land.

Last edited by Space; 12-18-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do Not Top `Off your Gas Tank when filling ?