General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

dis on ls1 tech to the sc montes :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Default dis on ls1 tech to the sc montes :(

[quote\]
[hr]

I seem to get a lot of action from the 6 banger supercharged Monte Carlo SS and Grand Prix GTPs. I personally think the majority of people who own Monte Carlo SSs with the supercharger and that 'racing package' with the stripes or Dale's number on the car should be shot as a general service to humanity. They drive those things like they're at Daytona. Over the summer I've had two that wanted to race in heavy traffic. I had beaten a third one and slowed down because traffic was coming up and the Monte did the ricer flyby and went weaving on through traffic. Anyway...

Last night I hopped off the highway and rolled off the onramp. There was a newer body style GTP CompG on the road and I rolled off the ramp a bit behind him. We're out on a two lane country road. I love GTPs because they all think they're the top dog of the Grand Prix world and this guy was no exception. I see him look in his mirror at me, but he can't see I'm a GXP since I'm behind him. His car jumps forward and he starts to gain speed. I just pace him, I actually closed up the distance a little so I'm right behind him. We keep going, up to 70 mph, he keeps looking back at me every few seconds and I'm still there. He didn't really run right from 35 to 70. He kind of twitched the gas, gained 10-15 mph, looked to see if I was still there and then hit the gas again. His passenger twists around in his seat to look back at me and I can see them talking. I imagine they were wondering if I was a CompG and how on earth I was keeping up with them.

At 60 the CompG really tried to lose me. He slowed down for a moment, I guess he was fiddling with his shifter or something and then his entire car jumps forward and he keeps the pedal down this time, as we gain speed I swing out to pass (it was a legal passing area, of course it was only posted at 35, but it is nice and flat). I'm in tapshift, and around 70 is always a good area for GXPs. I just walk right by the CompG. The two dudes in the CompG are just staring at me with kind of a 'What the hell' expression on their faces. As I clear the CompG I swing back into the proper lane and keep rolling. I looked in my mirrors and could see the passenger point at my V8 badge and the two of them were talking.

I cranked it down to 55 once I was around the CompG by a good distance. He followed me and didn't try to mess with me.

I normally don't go out of my way to mess with 6 cylinders, but sometimes when they're acting like they're top dog I have to encourage them to stop their yapping.

LS4GXP
I could see a LS4 getting a WS6 if the LS4 outlaunched it. I've beaten two 6.0 Liter GTOs out racing. I had the driver mod and outlaunched them and then had the engine to stay out in front for the duration of the course. I'm sure that if we kept going they're horsepower and 6 speed would let them walk right by me once I started to top out. In both cases the GTOs were closing the gap, but I crossed the finish line before they caught up. We have enough engine that if the other guy messes up the launch we can win.[/align][/quote][/align][/align]mostly in the first couple lines major dis to you all with the supercharged. i was actually mad about this post on there. but on the ls1 tech forum the ls4's get alota crap. thought i would share my "inssanity" sorry [/align]

Old 12-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Default RE: dis on ls1 tech to the sc montes :(

Well the LS1 cars are cool n fast n all but they are after all V8's i get dissed on cuzi went out n "wasted" my money on a s/cv6 when i could have had an older camaro or T/A with more miles on it that was beat to hell and back for the same price...Fact of the matter is that i wanted a newer reliable car that looked good and had a little bit of power if i wanted it. also i live in PA. winter sux and ya i drive my 98 chevy truck in the winter but what if the truck breaks down, the car may possibly go in the snow when i would have no way to work n back if i owned a V8 RWD car. and no matter what there will always be some one faster...Fact of the matter is that someoneonline would still talk trash and say its slow even if he lives in his mom's basement and lives off of hot pockets and plays video games all day

And in 2 more years when the new camaros are out(if GM is still around) LS1 cars will be worth nothing cuz everyone will want a new camaro of trans am and I'll be sittin in the intimidator thinkin wow someone will always like Big E. and it will always be worth something to someone at least its special

Old 12-09-2008, 04:02 PM

And them ls1 guys are all about that "driver mod" thing too

Old 12-09-2008, 04:30 PM

ORIGINAL: black04monteSS
And in 2 more years when the new camaros are out(if GM is still around) LS1 cars will be worth nothing cuz everyone will want a new camaro
^ My thoughts too, my V6 has enough power for me, but I want that LS3 or possible LS7 swap into a Camaro.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:11 PM

All true i dont feel that the dis was appropriate, saying that those who own them should shoot them selves. comeon you can make fun of the engine all you want but dont say some one should kill themsleves. pluse when you really look at it it isnt hard to make ur cars faster. let it breath and fart better and you got urself a nice *** daily driver

Old 12-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[hr]

I seem to get a lot of action from the 6 banger supercharged Monte Carlo SS and Grand Prix GTPs. I personally think the majority of people who own Monte Carlo SSs with the supercharger and that 'racing package' with the stripes or Dale's number on the car should be shot as a general service to humanity. They drive those things like they're at Daytona. Over the summer I've had two that wanted to race in heavy traffic. I had beaten a third one and slowed down because traffic was coming up and the Monte did the ricer flyby and went weaving on through traffic. Anyway...

I normally don't go out of my way to mess with 6 cylinders, but sometimes when they're acting like they're top dog I have to encourage them to stop their yapping.

Golly gee. I've been dissed. Guess I should sell my car, give up my moderator status and stay in bed and cry till Mr. LS1 comes to my house and mercifully putsan end to my miserable, mis-guided life. What ever! [sm=signs003.gif]

I don't know Mr. LS1, so I can't say if he's one of those guys who likes to go on the internet and brag about races that he created in his own mind or not. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and take him at his word for now.

I always get a laugh from people who brag about taking on cars that obviously had no chance at beating them. Around town here we have a lot of Mustang GT owners who brag about beating 4 and 6 bangers. Congrats! Hope you feel like a big man now.

I know dam well that my supercharged 3.8 litre V6 is not going to beat a V8 sports car. I'm not stupid. I didn't buy my car because I thought it was a race car, or even the fastest car on the road. I bought my car because I found it a cool looking car. If I wanted the fastest car on the road, I would have bought something else. And I also don't race people on public streets/roads where I can cause an accident and possibly kill an innocent third party.

I wish Mr. LS1 a safe and happy life.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:29 AM

Wow, this guy must have really got bullied around in school or his parents didn't love him....something, I kinda feel bad for him.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Don't know for sure.

But I'm guessing that (aside from the racing results) the Dale edition Montes and the Montes with"that racing package" that he hates so much, probably turn more heads than hisGXP does.

But I don't know him or his car. So I'm not going to take the low road and start assuming.

I seem to get a lot of action from the 6 banger supercharged Monte Carlo SS and Grand Prix GTPs.
We're out on a two lane country road. I love GTPs because they all think they're the top dog of the Grand Prix world
Pretty much makes my point right there.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:45 PM

i dunno but i repect ur cars. think about it. you have more room in that car than me or him. you can easily push 600 horse through that engine becasue of rpm limits and so forth but you have power and traction. it looks good with the hoods and stock, you can make them look like the nascar, and hey

YOURS WILL BE WORTH MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
i saw a DJR. edition for i think 15grand and it had 35000 miles, while myne with 35000 miles was worth 17000.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Oh don't get me wrong. I know the limitations of the supercharged 3.8. It's a great engine package alright. And quite a few members here have done some amazing work to their engines, and have gotten lots of extra power! But the V8`s have so much more to work with as far as available horses to free up. Plus the 3.8`s tranny is a weak link in the chain. Simply not meant to take alot of punishment from racing.

The Dale Jr Monte is a very cool, andreliablecar.And I don't plan on selling it if at all possible. Is it going to be worth lots of money years from now, as a collector`s item? Who knows? Only time will tell. I hope so. But that`s not the point here.

An LS1 is going to (or should) beat a 4 or 6 cylinder engine every time. Especially if it`s modded. I like the GXP. Nice car. I like the Grand Prix in general. Almost bought one years ago. Should have sprung the extra 3 grand and got the GP instead of the Grand Am I bought. Spending the extra 3 grand would have saved me money in the long run. Believe it or not!

Personally, I like your car Inssanity dude! There's nothing like the sound of a V8 engine coming from a Monte!

Quick Reply: dis on ls1 tech to the sc montes :(