General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

dale jr. MC event?

Old 04-01-2008, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Default dale jr. MC event?

On my way home from arbys i decided on taking a backroad that passes by the local auto auction, while it normally isn't a surprise to see a ferrari or lambo around the area what i saw today left me beyond curious. A car hauler with either 6 or 7 (sorry i can't remember the exact number, i saw it and kept driving then went "WTF?!!?" and got whiplashed as i snapped my head back around) Dale JR edition monte carlos. In the brief glimpse i got none of the cars had any apparent body damage, so anybody have any idea where they're going or why they are together? I should have followed it but was in a hurry w/ hot food...

Old 04-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Default RE: dale jr. MC event?

oh yeah sorry ,
those are mine i had to order one for each day of the week so that i can let mine relax some. figure i will take them out one day a week and nobody will notice i have changed cars so it will appear as if i hav ethe same one everyday.
buy doing this it will keep the miles down on all of them also. So i dont devalue them as fast

LAMO[&:]

Old 04-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

They can drop one off at my house. How awesome would that be, to own both a Dale Earnhardt Edition AND a Dale Jr. Edition. *sigh* I'll never know.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So is that how it's gonna be Mickey?
All the MCF moderators have to own a Dale Jr edition? LOL.

As much as I hate to say it, the Dale Jr edition Monte is probably one of the most unwanted signature series Monte's. You can always find them for sale all over the internet, and don't seem to get any takers. Even mine sat on the dealership lot for three years until I bought it back in August.

I guess people thought they were buying a Dale Sr edition. Then when they see it's red with an #8 on the side, they're like, "Dale Jr??? Dammit! Thought I was gettin a #3 Dale Sr!"

Maybe the Dale Jr editions you saw on the car carrier were being taken to a paint shop to get turned into Intimidator editions.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:44 PM

yeah i hear ya worse part of it is i actually like the look of it But have to also admit i really like the flames ont eh gordon version. But i like flames also

Old 04-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

The flames on the hood of the Jeff Gordon edition are a big decal, as you may be aware of already.

I've only seen one up close once, but it looked like the decal was clear with the grey ghost flames. So it's possible that you may be able to put the decal on your hood without it being blue. Although, the light grey ghost flames might be too light to be noticable on your white car.

I still think you should get a complete flame job very similar to the Chevy Rock & Roll 400 Pace Car. Pics are in another thread that I can't think of the name of right now. Looks bad ***!

Old 04-02-2008, 08:21 PM

I have noticed in VA some of the JR Montes are hanging out at the local car lots... Why someone would want to give them up is beyond me... Any NASCAR fan would know when they saw that car, what it represtented during that time frame Jr raced for DEI.. I just feel sorry for the folks that can't get rid of the Michael Waltrip edition DEI came out with back in 2002..

Old 04-02-2008, 08:53 PM

let me know if ya find a photo on it. I wan tto paint them on but was thinking of useing the gordon pattren of the decals for it.
Yeah i knwo they are decales i actually had th epart numbers at one time it owuld have cost me over 5,000 for a big sticker i dont think so

Old 04-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Here's the best pic I got of the Gordon hood.
It's sized 1024x768, so you'll have to click on the attachment to view it.

If you're talking about a pic of the Rock & Roll 400 pace car, let me know, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:56 PM

thanks TAZ. but i was thinking of the pace car you mentioned.

but after seeing that hood again i think i can free hand them better lol
but i really want to get it done soon!!
but i have to get the hood done first so im not just throwing money away

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dale jr. MC event?