General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

crazy idea????

Old 11-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Default crazy idea????

alright so i plan on two toning my car in the future once i get the cash. so i was considering what kind of body work i wanna do such as shaving doors/trunk lid keyhole........

so i figured i mine as well delete the trunk keyhole because i never use it, i have the opener on my key fob and in my car....

then i got the idea, what if i got a license plate box and put that on my trunklid, like what people put on the s10's tailgates. and then filled in the spot for my license plate on my bumper.....

good idea? or bad?
ive never seen this done on a car so i think it would be sweet.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:09 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: crazy idea????

okay... license plate... horrible idea. VERY bad idea. i HATE and DESPISE those S-10's with the plate on the tailgate, personally. especially the ones that are sideways... UGH!!!

as for deleting hte keyhole on the trunk, yeah that works great. i'd leave the one on the door incase your battery on the FOB goes bad... got to think practically here.

as for the two tone.. well it all depends on how you do it.

however.. keep this in mind. if you and i were giving for say, $7500 to mod a car, would they come out the same? you'd have to be crazy to say yes. i would do different things than you. i may go more performance where as you may choose to go for a 20" rims, a two tone paint scheme, and a custom bumper and trunk lid. who did a better job? it depends on who you ask.

my point is do to the car what will make you the most happy ,not what will make the forum happy.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: MonteTank

then i got the idea, what if i got a license plate box and put that on my trunklid, like what people put on the s10's tailgates. and then filled in the spot for my license plate on my bumper.....
I think it'd be interesting, have to see it before I made a decision.

I actually love how it looks on the slammed S-10s, saw one with the diagonal plate and had the tails filled in and just a a single row of about 10-15 L.E.D.s.

As for shaving, I agree with Duane, leave a keyhole just incase. My '06 came stock with just one keyhole in the whole body and that's on the drivers side, never did like the look of the trunk keyhole.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:32 PM

yeah, i also like how s10s look with that too....

i think it would bea very interesting idea. im just afraid itll turn out stupid. lol
either way it will be unique. haha
but the trunk keyhole serves no purpose for me, my key has never been in it... i think ill just leave the doors alone.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:15 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

the keyhole idea i like

Old 11-21-2008, 08:19 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

am i the only one that hates the license plate in the tailgate? that just looks out of place to me.. teh ugliest one was this truck i saw once with one of those that still had the spot in the bumper where the tag shoudl have been... UGH!

to me, the sideways ones are the worst.. it looks out of line, sloppy like to me. I'd say put it in straight. Keep this in mind, when you're screwing around and the cops are looking, the cops can read a tag that is higher (as in on the trunklid) easier than they can one in the bottom of the bumper (stock)

plus, with all that stuff... you're going to draw alot of attention from alot of people anyway, including cops.

We had someone here not too long ago that had a body shop delete that keyhole in the trunk, it came out very well, very subtle, and very well done. i'd say go for that one (although my keyhole doesn't bother me, but I would agree that with the FOB and button inside it's only about 96% worthless)

Old 11-21-2008, 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622
i may go more performance where as you may choose to go for a 20" rims, a two tone paint scheme, and a custom bumper and trunk lid. who did a better job? it depends on who you ask.

my point is do to the car what will make you the most happy ,not what will make the forum happy.
The Monte is a big car, dawg. 22s or betuurrrrrrr.[sm=bling.gif]

Old 11-22-2008, 08:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

am i the only one that hates the license plate in the tailgate? that just looks out of place to me.

I'd say put it in straight. Keep this in mind, when you're screwing around and the cops are looking, the cops can read a tag that is higher (as in on the trunklid) easier than they can one in the bottom of the bumper (stock)

plus, with all that stuff... you're going to draw alot of attention from alot of people anyway, including cops.
[sm=badidea.gif]

but I would agree that with the FOB and button inside it's only about 96% worthless)
What he said!

And as for the keyhole, technically, it's 96.72% worthless. That's why they removed it on the '05s. MUCH cleaner look.
[sm=goodidea.gif]
my 2 cents