General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Come together!...enen at elgin community college

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Default Come together!...enen at elgin community college

i was at school the other day and parked off in the boonies. i went to class and i was the only one there. when i got out, with out even knowing who these monte owners were they magically parked next to me (of which i thank)
but anywho i thought that this was coooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllll because it shows just jow much these cars really mean to people and that we come together whenever possible...... i will park there again.
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m.../Photo0884.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m.../Photo0885.jpg
does this happen to anyone else?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Default RE: Come together!...enen at elgin community college

I have had this happen at the store on many occ.One time there were two of the same color as mine parked next to mine.Thought that was pretty cool.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:03 PM

thats cool with same colors.... it would be cool with all the pace cars but even with all the colors (myne being black) i think that the yellow sticks out the most

Old 10-08-2008, 10:18 PM

Dude that's awesome. I've had it happen a few times, and I've also done it myself a few times. Once I had a couple of mustangs park on either side of me, I came out and was like, "Dude! Why's my car in the junk yard." My buddy that was with me had to stop laughing before he passed out so. I did get a few nasty looks from a few people though...

Old 10-09-2008, 07:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Pretty good feeling, wasn't it!

Old 10-09-2008, 09:42 PM

it was awesome!!!!!!!!
ha about fords 90% of them are still on the road........... the other 10 are at home.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:01 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Cool photos.

A few years ago we stopped at the store my oldest sister worked at. We pulled in to the parking lot and saw two 1980s SS Montes setting one space apart. So I stuck my '86 LS in the middle. People coming in and out of the store were staring at us cause I had Debbie snap a few pictures of the Monte line up.
[sm=smiley20.gif]

At this year's Monte Nationals another Ohioan who owns an '06 SS Monte black w/silver stripes agreed to parking next to my '06 LTZ silver w/black stripes so we could snap a few picture of them setting side by side.

But sure. If I see another Monte in the lot and there's space near it I'll park my Monte as close as possible.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:26 PM

So cool! I always try to park by another Monte if I can. Good story! Great pictures!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:55 PM

i think im going to start parkin next to them if i can too its jsut a good feelin

Old 10-11-2008, 11:18 AM

i park along my brothers when i see them except usually women are the owners which are fine and all but only like 4 of 10 are 30's or younger and actually love the monte for being what it is not justa med size car.. one day on way home from work on the highway i saw ahead of me a 6th gen(me being 7th lol -07ss) and a 4th gen side by side so i gased my girl up and got along side and we where 3 abreast for little bit (doing little racing the 6th was a black supercharger.. i felt sorry for him he had to really open her up while i just had to idle along with him.. the 4th gen stuck with us smiling along with us knodding our heads going yea baby feel the love... then i head to get off for my exit and slowed down to let the other 2 drive by so i could salute them off.. after i got onto exit ramp i remembered damn i shoulda had us stop and grab each others info.. but hopefully another day like that will happen by chance..

Quick Reply: Come together!...enen at elgin community college