General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Opinion Needed: Car decals/Numbering/ Race Vinyl /Window Sticker

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question Car decals/Numbering/ Race Vinyl /Window Sticker

Hello to all!
I recently saw a Monte online that used the NASCAR number type decals in a different way. I thought it was kind of cool. I've been looking for a good full size (19"-22")Laminated vinyl race numbering kit (door number decals x2, roof number decal,)
Anyone know where to get a solid one?

Also if I wanted to add 2 numbers to my tail lights and 2 number just behind the rear window are they 4" decals?

Thanks in advance to anyone with experience/advice
Attached are photos of what I've been looking at

Attached Thumbnails Car decals/Numbering/ Race Vinyl /Window Sticker-img_0215.png   Car decals/Numbering/ Race Vinyl /Window Sticker-img_0217.png   Car decals/Numbering/ Race Vinyl /Window Sticker-img_0220.png   Car decals/Numbering/ Race Vinyl /Window Sticker-img_0211.png  
Old 02-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by CarneAsadaKing2
Hello to all!
I recently saw a Monte online that used the NASCAR number type decals in a different way. I thought it was kind of cool. I've been looking for a good full size (19"-22")Laminated vinyl race numbering kit (door number decals x2, roof number decal,)
Anyone know where to get a solid one?

Also if I wanted to add 2 numbers to my tail lights and 2 number just behind the rear window are they 4" decals?

Thanks in advance to anyone with experience/advice
Attached are photos of what I've been looking at
Friends of mine have went to a local sign shop they get the vinyl decals made thee you might check online for local race decal vendors see how close they might be.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks 3!

Old 02-08-2017, 02:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

4" decals sounds about right.

I had a place in London called Auto Trim & Design custom make and "install" all the vinyl on my car. Cost about $1000 - well, I guess that was quite awhile ago now. I recommend having large decals installed, that way if something goes wrong you're not on the hook for the replacement decal. They did warranty their work and it has held up well.

Find a place by asking local racers were they get there work done.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member

You are referring to a 4 inch for the tailight/rear window location?
The 1000$ price must've been for your door/roof panels?

Last edited by CarneAsadaKing2; 02-08-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

$1000, everything custom made and installed. They had the car for a week. I didn't do a roof number because of the sunroof. The GoodYear and Dale Jr. Signature decals on the roof were extra I added later.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:05 AM

I've had a lot of success with PPD. It's made of real vinyl, so it won't tear and feels more like a sticker. Glossy is ok; it's slightly water resistant, but it rubs off the printable coating when exposed to a lot of water and friction. I used PPD matte paper with Oracle clear vinyl overtop for increased durability and water resistance, and it appears to be completely impervious to water (the sticker is vinyl, so it doesn't wick from the sides, so what's underneath the clear stays). On the matte paper, the colors seemed to pop more. I haven't tried the matte without the laminate, but the coating should be the same.

It's a great idea to use contact paper over printed label sheets. I, too, own an Epson. The same problem exists. Packing tape may also be used. To get rid of the unsightly packing tape edges, I usually peel away the negative space or make thin sticker sheets. Alternatively, you can laminate two printed sticker sheets back to back in a single laminating pouch and cut them apart at the edge to separate them.