General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Car Covers

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:41 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Car Covers

I'm looking in to buying a car cover for a Christmas present.

Any one on here had any dealings with either of these ebay sellers? Just wondering how good the product it as well as satisfaction of the fit, overall condition, and service provided.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...1%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...1%7C240%3A1318

Old 11-14-2008, 11:47 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Car Covers

never dealt iwth them. i bought my car cover from advanced auto parts for about $65. you definitly want a 3 layered car cover though (or 3 indivdiual somethings, i don't know). just amke sure you use bunjee cables with plastic ends on them... i accidently used a metal one once on my passneger side and have 2 little scratch marks from where the wind got it whipping to prove it.

btw, the wind will take it off and sendi t across the country without bunjee cables. i ahd to buy a clip fro the front of mine and hook it to to the front as well. with my larger exhaust tips and type of bumper, i could tuck hte rear into the exhaust pipes and held on fine unless a real heavy storm came up, then it would blow off of the fendar sometimes

Old 11-14-2008, 12:03 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Sounds like the woman at the 2007 Monte Nats in Cincinnati.

Her car cover blew off on saturday evening. Almost to the next county. We grabbed it just before it lifted completely off the car. (to me dirt in your car cover = dirt scratching your car's paint)

$70 for a cover really isn't too bad of a price.

My first covercame from Wally World and I think I paid $50 for it? But I was real unhappy with it. So it went back.

The cover I have right now came from Summit Racing. I could get a Wolf custom car cover from Summit cheaper then I could buy it fromGlobal Industries and they make the Wolf car covers.

I'd like to get my g/f Debbie a cover for the '03 Pace car. But I know she won't care if it drags the garage floor while she installs or removes the cover. And getting her to use the cover in the first place will be a challenge. That's why I'm looking at cheaper covers.

But I don't want something that'll scratch the car's finish due to it being made out of less thendesirable materials.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:34 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i gave up on mine for the dirt reason.. they are so difficult to wash. plus, for me, i really wanted to keep the dew from settling and putting dust on my car... so i just started drying the car with towels every morning. dirt can still blow underneat a car cover somehow... i think they are mroe for storage than anything else.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:27 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Yeah. They seem to be more for cars that set inside. And some say "What's the point?" since the car is inside to begin with.

I do have to admit my cover does keep a lot of the dust off my '06 Monte. With the rally stripes on the car you can see them pulling dust out of the air, like a magnet. (static electricity)

You can wipe the car clean to get the dust off and before you can manage to get the cover on you'll see more dust on the stripes.

But I think a cover for the Pace car would be a good idea. There's a lot of sun that comes in the window it sets near. I'd rather replace a car cover versus having a car panel re-painted or interior repaired from sun fade.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:07 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I would suggest get a Wolf Noah all weather cover from summit racing if it is for a car you are going to leave outside for any length of time. I have one for my 03 and I love it. Unfortunatly when I ordered it, it was technically for the Monte from the previous generation and barely covers my ground effects. I think they should have sold me the custom cover for the Impala of our same generation. But where ever you purchase it I highly recommend the Wolf.