General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Car Accident ...

Old 05-02-2008, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Car Accident ...

The worst luck ever.

So far since I've had my car; I've had a rock thrown at the door, I've backed into a sign, and now I just got into a car accident over the last weekend totalling $1,085 dollars. Anyhow Sunday afternoon I was driving down a highway which has 3 lanes that turn into a fourth lane which becomes a turn lane. Anyhow I'm in the third lane closest to the center of the road and a blue Toyota Corolla blows through 3 lanes of traffic from the shoulder to the 3rd lane with no signal trying to get into the 4th lane. I slam on my brakes and turn to try to get into the number 2 lane and strike his rear passenger bumper and break my bumper almost breaking my driver side lamp. Anyhow, fault hasn't been determined yet. I have a feeling I'm at fault (sigh) ... It seems like if it's not one bad thing it's another. To make matters worse the guy was a out-of-state driver from alabama ... I haven't had a traffic accident since never.
My custom painted grill has to be removed, luckly the trunk wasn't damaged, but the bumper is broken on the driver side, and the amount of labor and parts just for the bumper is the real expense ...

Old 05-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Default RE: Car Accident ...

damn that sucks man, i dont think you can be at fault since he didnt signal, but then again, theres no way to prove that. i hope everything turns out OK for you.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:32 AM

[align=center]Hi `Dannie,[/align][align=center]I was sorry to read your post about your accident.[/align][align=center]It may be `bad luck, or just another one of those things[/align][align=center]that happen as you travel your highways of life.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm happy that you were not hurt, and that you are not[/align][align=center]laying in a hospital or worse : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope that your insurance company takes care of the damage,[/align][align=center]and that you find a good body shop to repair your Monte[/align][align=center]back to new.[/align][align=center]When bad things happen to me, I just do my best to[/align][align=center]deal with the problem, learn from it and move on with my[/align][align=center]`journey/life. If you let it bum U `out & keep you down,[/align][align=center]then it just add's to the problems.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Dannie, wish you better luck, and a fast recovery back to[/align][align=center]happier times. Good Luck,[/align][align=center]from `Space[/align]

Old 05-02-2008, 05:36 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

crazy man... how can they possibly show you at a fault... if your car has its front bumper hit, and it's to the far left, they can't possibly say that your car hit cut into him.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:40 AM

That Sucks Man. Hope it all works out.
At least no one was hurt. other than the monte.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:59 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm very sorry to hear this. And you just did all this work to the car too.

I too can't see how they believe you're at fault here? Did anyone offer to be a witness for you?

Good luck with the car and do not give in till you get the satisfaction you deserve.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Same thing happened to my son a couple years ago. They tried to say that he rearended them. Luckily they sawfor what it was, the other drivers fault. But his car was totaled.
Hope everything works out for ya.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3339/4BFB260593EF46E1B9E78D50599CB4C9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-02-2008, 12:21 PM

You fight TOOTH AND NAIL if they try to put you at fault. You did what federal guidelines call for---tried to avoid an accident. If the investigating officer is in the right mind they will determine that the other driver is at fault.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:21 PM

Yea thanks guys I'm a little scared not so much about the money, but this going on my clean driving record.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:57 PM

Well thank GOD!
Just got word today that the other guy admitted fault and they are going to pay for the damages I'm cleared of any fault. wow ...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car Accident ...