General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Bumper Stickers

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Bumper Stickers

I can count on one hand the amount of times Ive seen my generation of Monte on the road, most of them LSs, so imagine my joy upon pulling behind a beautiful black SS that fits the bill today.
Now imagine my horror as my OCD eyes met the bumper sticker the guy had right in the middle of that sweet dual exhaust bumper![sm=badidea.gif]

Dont get me wrong, I agreed with the guys message, but that bumper is SS exclusive. And its painted!!

Am I alone here? Would you, in a million lifetimes, ever put a sticker on a painted section of your car?

Old 09-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Default RE: Bumper Stickers

Sticker? My stripes are still only stickers... Bumper stickers, no.

I have two in my trunk that are stuck to magnets so they don't actually stick to the car.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:52 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

maybe my window. NEVER hte paint, it ruins it when the time comes to take it off. the parking permits for Campbell are stickers. they're supposed to go on your bumper but most of us put ours in the rear windows.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:47 AM

OK, ... I'll bite! What did the Bumper Sticker say?

Old 09-18-2008, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: RickCoMatic

OK, ... I'll bite! What did the Bumper Sticker say?

A divisive political message. I might be too new here to show my support for an idea that might immediately make half the people here hate me.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:59 PM

Ahh, what the heck..

It showed some Seminole tribe warriors, and said:

Homeland Security - Fighting Terrorism Since 1492

Old 09-18-2008, 05:43 PM

If the guy thinks that's worth sticking on the paint job ... he deserves messing-up the finish!

Old 09-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If I read your post right, that bumper sticker is very similar to some bumper stickers and such up here in Canada too.

There are areas of Canada that have very large native populations. Not just reserves either. There are many people that share that sentiment, and display it in many ways including bumper stickers and custom airbrushing of their vehicle. Most don't mean it to be antagonistic, but see it as a reminder to everyone. If you're not native by blood/heritage, your family were imigrants also.

The terrorism thing may be a little extreme to a lot of people, especially post 9/11. Others see it as a reminder of the beginnings of our countries (U.S. & Canada).

IMO, it was most likely a negative slam, but I'd say don't let that person's anger get you ticked off. Some people believe that if they're miserable, everyone elseneeds tobe miserable too. We can't change the past. But we can, and should, learn from it. And use that knowledge of the past to better our future.

As for sticking on the paint, I won't put bumper stickers on my paint. This doesn't include obvious stuff that enhance the look of the car. Like stripesand such.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:28 AM

Stickers only go on windows, he deserves what he gets for putting it on the bumper.[sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 09-20-2008, 05:32 PM

Uggh. [:'(]

My bad for bringing it up.

How 'bout them Yankees!

Quick Reply: Bumper Stickers