General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

http://milzymotorsports.com/

Old 12-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Default http://milzymotorsports.com/

what does it mean about Refundable Core Charge or i will send ect.?

do i have to send them what ever part i want? and they send me back my part just changed?

Old 12-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Let's say you want to buy a set of ported heads. You then have the option of either sending your heads in first, or else you have to pay extra. It's a common thing among parts suppliers that's called a "core charge". If you want to pay the advertised price, then you have to send the same part in first.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah, you have to return whatever you buy from them. Say you buy a throttle body. You need to send them your throttle body. And you have to pay the core charge, unless you send your throttle body in first. In which case, you wouldn't be driving that car...

Old 12-23-2010, 04:41 AM

Another note on the core charges, it's kinda like a deposit.
If you were buying heads as in the previous example, and didn't want to send your old heads in first, you'd pay a core charge. If you send your old heads in then after you install the new heads, your core charge would be refunded.
It's basically an option if you want to keep the car on the road until you can get the full install done.

Search this Thread