General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

anyone have a draw tite hitch on their monte??

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Default anyone have a draw tite hitch on their monte??

Im looking at getting a 1 1/4inch class I draw t.i.t.e (had to put periods between the letters cuz MCF was starring it out) hitch for my monte. Im gonna use it for a bike rack since I do a ton of mountain biking and Im getting tired of throwing my bike in the trunk everytime I go ride. Im just wondering if anyone has this hitch on their monte. Id really like to see a pic of it so I know how much its gonna stick down. Thanks

Old 07-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Default RE: anyone have a draw ****e hitch on their monte??

Yeah, I have the Draw Tight Hiden Hitch. It is really nice, cost about $220. Dang thing took 6 weeks to get delivered too.

I'll try to get pictures up.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:53 PM

Ive seen one where it is almost inside the bumper. Like you cut oout 1 and 1/4 inches on your bumper and put the reciever hitch in then when your not using it you put the plastic back in, it looked pretty sweet. Like the bumper was flush when there was no reciever in the hitch. just a thought

Old 07-19-2007, 07:22 AM

if u want a bike rack i got 1 for sale, it uses straps and rubber covered braces to secure it to your trunk, that way it doesnt mess anything at all up and when you're done u just put the rack away somewhere and not worry again until you're ready

looks like thsi

Old 07-19-2007, 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: scc24540

if u want a bike rack i got 1 for sale, it uses straps and rubber covered braces to secure it to your trunk, that way it doesnt mess anything at all up and when you're done u just put the rack away somewhere and not worry again until you're ready
Ya we have one of those we used to use, I cant stand that thing at all, its a pain in the *** to attach everytime and it scratches your car too, I hate it.

But my dad already has a really nice trailer hitch bike rack that fits the 2 inch reciever on his truck. So im getting this 1 1/4 for my monte, then ill just use a 2 - 1 1/4inch adapter to put the rack on my car. On draw t.i.t.es webpage I can get one for my monte for $88.00 so im going with that

Old 07-19-2007, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Yeah, I have the Draw Tight Hiden Hitch. It is really nice, cost about $220. Dang thing took 6 weeks to get delivered too.

I'll try to get pictures up.
does the hidden hitch fit more "snug" with the bottom of the car than the regular draw t.i.te? heres the webpage im looking at
http://search.cartserver.com/search/...o&GO=GO%21

Old 07-19-2007, 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: 06LT3

Ive seen one where it is almost inside the bumper. Like you cut oout 1 and 1/4 inches on your bumper and put the reciever hitch in then when your not using it you put the plastic back in, it looked pretty sweet. Like the bumper was flush when there was no reciever in the hitch. just a thought
I have seen this, looks very slick if done right.
You just cut out the right space needed for your hitch to come out and then when you want to haul your bikes just take the piece out and insert your bike rack.
When not in use just take off the bike rack and put back the peice of bumper you cut out.