General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

? 2015 Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Its nice but its a 2 door g8...

Old 06-24-2012, 10:54 AM

if body lines,stand up spoiler,and many other monte carlo signaturepeices are there id deffidently be intrested

Old 06-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
If thats a hint of what its going to look like. Take it back to the drawing board. And don't come back till you have something that looks a little like a Monte carlo.
Originally Posted by Possum
Where are the distinctive body lines? The sculpted fenders? The long, mean look of muscle? That picture looks an awful lot like my husband's gray Ford.
Never mind the photoshopped pics for a second. The car in the original picture is a Holden concept car. At the time, it wasn't meant to be a Monte Carlo or anything but a Holden. The article in the link said the Camaro would look like a retro styled Camaro. That concept car don't look anything like a Camaro. If they can redesign that concept car to look like a Camaro, they can redesign it to make the Monte Carlo look any way they want. They can add in the fender lines and such if they want. Concept cars rarely look exactly like the production model.

Personally, I'm open to seeing a completely new generation of Monte Carlo. I'll wait to see what the final design looks like before I say no. The article says the Monte would look more like a modern sport coupe. I like that idea. Bring out a design that people will like and want to buy.

The good news is that the Holden in the picture is a concept car. It's not currently in production. Which means they wouldn't have to design the Chevrolet version to fit the tooling on the current assembly line. A whole new assembly line would need to be set up to produce the Camaro & Monte Carlo.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

I don't know if this feeds the rumor mill or not. But it's been in the news here in Canada that GM plans on moving production of the Camaro out of Oshawa, Ontario. Didn't hear where they planned on moving it to. Sounds like it could be moving to Australia.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
I don't know if this feeds the rumor mill or not. But it's been in the news here in Canada that GM plans on moving production of the Camaro out of Oshawa, Ontario. Didn't hear where they planned on moving it to. Sounds like it could be moving to Australia.

Below is the lastest news on the plant closing (I find it very sad ..That's where the last Monte Carlo was mad)

GM closure of Oshawa plant signals tough labour talks to come ...

Old 06-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well the picture of the Camaro looks like an actual render of a possible redesign which looks a bit like the second gen body. Good direction, as that second gen body is very nice looking. I would argue, that second gen body, with the split bumper, is the best looking Camaro body to date.

I've been hoping for GM to bring back the Monte Carlo ever since they stopped production in 2007. Just talk to a Chevrolet dealer salesman, they can't keep those cars on the lot. I've been asked multiple times, with both my Montes, if I want to trade it in because they know they can sell the Monte Carlo no problem. Bringing it back is only a matter of time really, but they would be stupid to bring a Holden body over as the next Monte Carlo. Stupid! There's a right and a wrong way to go about it, and that's definitely the wrong way. For one it looks nothing like a Monte Carlo, and two, remember GM's attempt to bring the Holden over for the 2004 GTO that lasted, uh, three years? The Monte has to be one in its own, like it's been since 1970. If you're going to do it, GM, do it right please.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
For one it looks nothing like a Monte Carlo, and two, remember GM's attempt to bring the Holden over for the 2004 GTO that lasted, uh, three years? The Monte has to be one in its own, like it's been since 1970. If you're going to do it, GM, do it right please.
The 04-06 GTO is kind of a sore spot for me. GM refused to sell them outside of the United States. I know for a fact that thousands of Canadians bothered every Pontiac dealership in Canada trying to buy one. The sales manager at one local dealership even showed me the letter from GM Corporate, ordering all Canadian dealerships to not even discuss the GTO. Many of us even contacted GM. We were all given the proverbial middle finger. I almost bought a Mustang GT in spite.

My point... GM could've sold a ton of GTO's here in Canada. But didn't give a rat's a$$.

But I'm feeling MUCH better now.

For the GTO, they used an existing production model. The Holden Monaro. The 04-06 was a test production of how well they would sell. If it sold enough, they were going to come out with a completely redesigned GTO for 2007. And it probably would've had some styling cues from older GTO's. Most likely The Judge. Wouldn't that have been nice to see a retro-styled 2007 GTO Judge?

The new Camaro and Monte won't be based on an already existing production car.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
For the GTO, they used an existing production model. The Holden Monaro. The 04-06 was a test production of how well they would sell. If it sold enough, they were going to come out with a completely redesigned GTO for 2007. And it probably would've had some styling cues from older GTO's. Most likely The Judge. Wouldn't that have been nice to see a retro-styled 2007 GTO Judge?

The new Camaro and Monte won't be based on an already existing production car.
I was pretty sure they wouldn't be based on an already existing model, but the thought of it is scary. Also, yes a retro GTO would have been nice, especially with a Judge package. Apparently GM messed that one up.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:11 AM
Default 2015 concepts??

Last edited by rainygirl; 06-25-2012 at 06:15 AM.