General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

? 2015 Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 07:40 AM

Yes `Tadd, I hope GM is still visiting
our site & gets the message

^ a `Space Vision ^

Attached Thumbnails ? 2015 Monte Carlo ?-2015-montecarloss.jpg  
Old 06-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's the same car that an MCF member received pictures of from Holden a couple years ago. As a potential Monte Carlo. A few of us even photoshopped the picture with various ideas of what we might think it would look like as a Chevy. The picture we had was a front view.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Here's a few of the photoshopped pics I'm talking about.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My first thought was I don't like it but the pics Taz posted look a little better. I'm not sure it lives up to my Monte expectations tho

Old 06-23-2012, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
That's the same car that an MCF member received pictures of from Holden a couple years ago. As a potential Monte Carlo. A few of us even photoshopped the picture with various ideas of what we might think it would look like as a Chevy. The picture we had was a front view.

Hello `Lou,
I know & I did a few poor attempts @ my photoChops of it b-4, but I'm just happy that a auto site is bringing it back or posting information on it...I think the more it is talked about & supported (?)..It just might get GM..Chevy Division to notice & contemplate bringing us a new model Monte Carlo back in2 our lives GM, are you still seeing our posts/threads & interest...Please bow your head now * & let us `pray
Peace/Out from `Space

Old 06-23-2012, 11:44 AM

I've drooled over the Coupe 60 concept car since I first saw it. Have a hard time believing that GM would have the Camaro and a Monte based so similar. Thought that was why the Monte went away they didn't want anything to compete with the Camaro for sales. Since the new head @ GM was the head @ Holden I'm hoping more Holdens will make the way over here. Sign me up for a Coupe 60 and a Ute. May drive myself into the poor house but I'll do it quickly and in style!

Old 06-23-2012, 12:19 PM

Hi `Brian,
Great to catch you online & thanks for your words/post...

I understand that some may think they compete, that is until you have to seat in the back seat of a new Camaro...

The Camaro is not a touring coupe to me 4-Sure...It's a Performance coupe 4 two adults & not four adults ~> 4-Sure

Now, the Caddy Coupe has the room, but it's to expensive for most They need a affordable Touring/Performance Monte Carlo that's RWD with the 3.6L Direct injection/6 speed & a V8 SS Edition

Time 4 me to fade `out..Brian, wish you a great weekend
Peace/Out from `Space

Old 06-23-2012, 12:35 PM

As far as I know, Chevrolet is taking over the old Holden/G8 and calling it a Chevy SS.

Not sure if I like the path Chevrolet is going down. I fear if they "bring back" a Monte, the only thing 'Monte Carlo' about it will be some tacky factory decal they stick on it.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by JAFO
I've drooled over the Coupe 60 concept car since I first saw it. Have a hard time believing that GM would have the Camaro and a Monte based so similar. Thought that was why the Monte went away they didn't want anything to compete with the Camaro for sales. Since the new head @ GM was the head @ Holden I'm hoping more Holdens will make the way over here. Sign me up for a Coupe 60 and a Ute. May drive myself into the poor house but I'll do it quickly and in style!
Originally Posted by milrlyt
As far as I know, Chevrolet is taking over the old Holden/G8 and calling it a Chevy SS.

Not sure if I like the path Chevrolet is going down. I fear if they "bring back" a Monte, the only thing 'Monte Carlo' about it will be some tacky factory decal they stick on it.

I read the article in the link. It claims that the Camaro would retain a more retro-Camaro look. While the Monte would look more like a modern sports car.

The 6th gen Monte does look different from the Grand Prix in many aspects. The rear side windows are completely different, some of the body lines are different, the interior obviously.

Plus, I believe the Caddy CTS-V is a Caddy-exclusive body on a Corvette drivetrain. Holden could easily just have two different bodies being installed on the assembly line. We all know that the Camaro and Monte Carlo don't have to look the same to share the same workings underneath.

There's also a very real possibility that the production car would look nothing like the concept car. In that case, the Monte Carlo's new design could be a blank slate. Looking at setting a pace for completely new designs that will last well into the future. Rather than trying to re-hash old designs.

I like retro styling. But by 2015, retro-styling may be done to death, and not sell well anymore.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:01 PM

Yeah buddy if they do im going to get me one

Quick Reply: ? 2015 Monte Carlo ?