General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2003 Monitor System

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 05:22 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 2003 Monitor System

Can someone explain the monitor system in an '03 Monte to me?

I guess I'm expecting too much out of the system? It's not like the monitor system in my '06 LTZ Monte which will tell you the percent of life left in say the oil since last oil change.

I was tryigng for find out how much oil life was left in the '03 Pace car but all I can figure out to do is to reset the system which is not what I want at this time.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Default RE: 2003 Monitor System

[align=center]Hi RJ,[/align][align=center]The information should be in your Owners Book.[/align][align=center]If you dont have one, I would suggest you order one : )[/align][align=center]I am sure, one of our members will post the information that you need. Duane -Cowboy should know : )[/align][align=center]I did a WebSearch for the information you needed, but could not locate. I did find this review on a 03 Monte Carlo SS[/align][align=center]that I thought you & other may enjoy.[/align][align=center][:-]

The 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS is a Sports and Luxury Car!
REVIEW
[:-]
Product Rating:

Reliability:

Seat Comfort:

Build Quality

Roominess:

Pros: It rides good, has plenty of power and looks great!

Cons: The price!

The Bottom Line: A beautiful sporty ride made for any age group who wants to feel young or just enjoy the comfort the car has to offer!

[hr]

surferdude7's Full Review: 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2 Dr Coupe

The 2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS gives you that sporty feeling while driving down the road and has all the luxury found on a sedan. The 200 HP 3.8 liter V-6 has plenty of power for get up and go while giving you 19 miles per gallon in the city and 29 miles per gallon on the highway.

My Story!
My wife has been driving our 1994 Camaro for about 9 ½ years now and with the deals of 0% interest and great rebates we decided to look. Our intension was to possibly get a plain 2003 Monte Carlo because that was more in our budget.

After test driving and seeing the Mote Carlo SS we knew the plain one wasn’t what we wanted. We ended up buying a new Monte Carlo SS dark metallic blue (Superior Blue) in color with dark gray (Ebony) leather seats with built-in heat controls.

The Deal!
The standard vehicle price is $23030.30 for the SS. The added Monte Carlo SS Preferred Equipment added another $1985, the sunroof added $795, the added CD $100 and the destination charge is $635. This brings the total cost to $27170.00.

The dealer gave us an instant $2000 off and then there was a $3000 rebate from GM bringing the cost down to $22170.00. Now that made it more affordable and after trading in the 1994 Camaro we had a deal!

~~~ Standard Equipment ~~~
Here is a list of the standard features that comes with the Monte Carlo SS.

Power Team/Chassis
A 3.8 liter 200 horsepower SFI V-6 Engine
Front Wheel Drive
Engine Oil Wear Monitor (It tells you when it is time to change the oil.)
Tire Inflation Monitor (It lets you know if any tires are low on air pressure.)
Power Rack & Pinion Steering
Sport Tuned Independent Suspension

Safety/Security
Power 4-wheel disc brakes
Dual front Impact Air Bags
Emergency trunk release handle
Auto daytime running lights
Programmable Door Locks
RR Child seat latch system
Electronic traction control
Passlock theft deterrent
Remote keyless entry

Exterior
Dual power mirrors
16 inch sport aluminum wheels
Goodyear Eagle tires
Dual exhaust outlets
Electric rear defogger
Tinted solar glass
Fog lamps & halogen headlamps
Rear spoiler

Interior
Driver & Passenger temperature controls
AM/FM cassette
Power windows
Power trunk opener
Steering wheel radio controls
60/40 split rear seat
Front bucket seats
Cruse control
Leather wrapped steering wheel

~~~ Monte Carlo SS Preferred Equipment ~~~
The preferred equipment includes the following:
A driver info center that includes a compass direction, trip computer, mileage usage and three programmable buttons, like opening your garage door.
6-way power seats
Heated mirrors
AM/FM with CD
Floor mats and cargo net
Onstar with one year of free service
Heated front seats

~~~ The Sunroof ~~~
The sunroof is nice, it has a panel that can be pulled over it and no light will pass through it. The sunroof it a tinted color to keep the sun glare down.

With the push of a button the sunroof will first tilt up to let a little air in. Push the button again and the sunroof will slide all the way open.

~~~ The added CD ~~~
This gives you a package deal of an AM/FM with a CD player and a cassette player. Also included is theftlock, radio data system and a premium audio system.

~~~ My Last Thoughts ~~~
It is a beauty with great sporty styling and the rear deck spoiler. The interior is also nice with everything in its right place from the two cup holders to having an extra accessory DC outlet for the rear passengers. The dark blue metallic (New color for 2003) outside along with the dark gray (almost black) leather interior gives this Mont Carlo SS an excellent look.

The heated seats are nice since these are leather seats. The front bucket seats are heated and each seat has a control for low, off or high. The seat is heated under you and up your back to make it warm on those cold days. After you turn it on you will feel the seat warming up in less than one minute. The seats in high get too warm for me but it would feel good on your back if it were hurting.

New to the Monte Carlo is a new theft device small card that has to touch a small box under the dash in order for the car to start with the key. It is easy to do while entering the car the card touches the small box, then you will hear a small beep, now you can insert the key and it will start. It will not start unless you do this! You can also turn off this feature by touching the box five times and after five beeps the theft device it turned off.

I really enjoy the driver info center located between the driver and passenger on the top of the roof by the windshield. The compass is always telling you the direction you are driving and at the same time it shows you the temperature. It also shows you your current mileage per gallon, average miles per gallon, how much gas has been used and estimates the travel distance. Plus it is nice to programming in our garage door to be opened by one of the three programmable buttons, this way you won’t lose or misplace the garage door opener.

Power and handling is great from the 200 horsepower V-6 engine. The engine is very quiet and the acceleration is fast if you need to get up and go! The ride is smooth like a luxury car and it handles the road and curves really good.

There is safety built-in with two front airbags and in the rear are seat belts with shoulder straps plus the child latch system for better security of the child safety seats.

Bottom line, We Love it!

Recommended:
Yes

Amount Paid (US$): $22170
Condition: New
Model Year: 2003
Model and Options: SS
[/align]

Old 11-11-2008, 05:21 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: 2003 Monitor System

Thanks for the reply Space.

To me, the owner's manual is kind of vague about the monitor system.
ex. "To set the oil system, push this button till the radio flashes, then push button #2 to reset."

I don't see where it actually describes what the oil monitor system actually does?

It does say if you drive sensibly the oil light may not light up for a period of 1 year. Does this mean you can drive on the same oil for one full year before doing an oil change? (I think not)

I'm certain you're suppose to change the oil every 3,000 miles.

This................ is why I'm asking for help.