General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

****ing Cops....License plate light...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Default ****ing Cops....License plate light...

Well I am just now getting out of jail after being pulled over last night because my license plate light was out. The cop was driving a Dodge Charger with Sugarland Police Dept. in ghost. Hard to tell it was a cop till I pulled up beside it. Anyway he pulled me over and ran my license which came back with a warrant, I was like what the ****. This warrant was the result of being in an accident over 6 months ago, that was in a parking lot and declarded a civil matter amongst the owners of the vechicle. Well for the past 6 months nobody tried to contact me, told me there was going to be a warrant, or anything. And I'm only out because my family put up 5,000$. This is Bull****....Your thoughts.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Default RE: ****ing Cops....License plate light...

Thoughts honestly? Own up to it and pay it or whatever and put it behind you. The license plate light thing, yes I've been pulled over for it before and given a ticket with the stipulation that if I fix it within a week, take it to the department that issued the ticket and they see it's fixed then they tear up the ticket. Dodge Chargers are starting to be used a lot because of the HEMI. A quite a few sherriffs are using them in Indiana. Sorry to hear about your luck so close to the holidays. However, it's better to have it done and over with now.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:30 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That totally sucks!!!! ******ing cops!

Old 12-22-2006, 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: AwsomeSS

That totally sucks!!!! ******ing cops!
^^^^^Im with you, Im not a big fan of the police [sm=bs.gif]

Old 12-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

thats wierd...sucks man....and they didn't contact you about the warrant??? thats odd...

sorry to hear

Old 12-22-2006, 08:48 PM

Did you move between the time of the accident and now? The reason I ask is they do and will contact you "at your last known address" that is on you license. That's why if you move you are required to report it to the license branch and get a new license issued with the correct address. Believe me I know, I hear about this all the time.

Old 12-22-2006, 11:52 PM

No I haven't moved nor had a change in address since the accident. It was not my responsibilty to get with the other party in order for them to get there car fixed. My MCSS looks fine other than a few scratches and a tear in the front bumper cover which is going to be replaced with the Delaership Designs one. There were several things that are going to put a dent into the police's side of the story, like not reading me my rights, searching my vehicle without probable cause, and taking me in without letting me know ahead of time why they were doing so. All of which are laws here in the state of Texas. I have a attorney and will be fighting the arrest till no end. My court date is set January 19, 2007 and I will keep the forum updated. Wish me luck in fighting my case.

Old 12-23-2006, 01:16 AM

I'm glad I'm not a cop... it's such a thankless job.

It isn't the cops fault you had a warrant. You had a light out, he stopped you. When they stop you, they check you and you had a warrant. He had to do his job.

Old 12-23-2006, 02:54 AM

thank you IROC...I was waiting for someone to say that. And probably cause is....your light out. All he has to do is "suspect" something illegal in the car, and 2nd with you having a warrant and under arrest they can search your car because it's in their possession at that point. Good luck fighting it, keep us up to date, but honestly, and I don't mean this mean, but I don't think you have a snowballs chance in he!! of winning.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:55 AM

[align=center]The Blame Game[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Freedom to live, to drive is so precious.[/align][align=center]We are reminded, whenour freedom is put into jeopardy![/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope that you can resolve your problems.[/align][align=center]Everybody has problems, but it'show we resolve them,[/align][align=center]that makes us who we are.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Nick, Good Luck[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"To be free - to be"[/align][align=center]amen[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/303A5B2904044B4BA573081B32D0B256.gif[/IMG] [/align][align=center][X(]It's not my fault [X(][/align][align=center][:@][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/91A917BA035740AD8D53DCE2DC152975.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Quick Reply: ****ing Cops....License plate light...