Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

water/meth inject kit anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question water/meth inject kit anyone?

hey guys got my car back yesterday. last few mods i will be doing is a fender well intake, intercooler reservoir for cooling fluid, as well as water/meth inject kit which will be installed in the trunk. has anyone done this? zzp has a nice kit which is aem and so does snow performance. not sure which one to go with. both are the same price, any thoughts? thanks

Last edited by 03vaderSS; 10-16-2014 at 01:42 PM. Reason: apple products suck
Old 10-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

you are supercharged correct? ive heard before that the meth will wear off the coating on the sc rotors thats why people dont use it on a sc car..... im using a meth kit on turbo monte and i love it, not as good as e85 but def helps.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:29 AM

What are your other mods? If you're NA, it's a waste. If you've got a top swap or L67 swap- do you have an IC yet? $400 could go a long way towards an intercooler first- and could get you close to a full kit if you got good deals used.

Keep in mind if you actually inject a substantial amount meth that you'll need to retune to compensate (depends what mix you run, how much you spray, etc). Essentially you're adding more fuel, so a tune that is already dialed in is going to run much richer when you start injecting.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:12 AM
5 Year Member

yea I'm sc pretty much l67 swap with with an intercooler, stage 3 heads and every other supporting mod i need a better reservoir for my ic to hold more fluid, running 335whp, yea the guy said ill need a retune it seems beneficial because it cools down the combustion chamber and helps reduce detonation, currently running 15 psi

Old 10-20-2014, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by 03vaderSS
yea I'm sc pretty much l67 swap with with an intercooler, stage 3 heads and every other supporting mod i need a better reservoir for my ic to hold more fluid, running 335whp, yea the guy said ill need a retune it seems beneficial because it cools down the combustion chamber and helps reduce detonation, currently running 15 psi
You say you have all of the supporting mods, what cam are you running? Full size or short stack IC? What size pulley? 335whp just seems really low for a cam/heads/IC car- heck people have hit that number cam only with no heads or IC.

You definitely could benefit from meth then, although as mentioned- it can strip the rotors. I'll be honest- I'm not all that crazy about it because I don't like having to worry about how much fluid is left for making more WOT pulls (nitrous or alky/meth). Also, if you run out of juice mid pull, you're going to lean out unless you have some safety mechanism built in.

Without knowing more details, I would think there is more power to gain on your setup- at 335whp with all of the supporting mods, I think there is room to grow there without meth.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 10-20-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member

I agree with bumpin. But if your heart set on meth use your washer bottle reservoir as the meth container so that way when you get low the low washer fluid light comes on. I did this and I love the setup.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
You say you have all of the supporting mods, what cam are you running? Full size or short stack IC? What size pulley? 335whp just seems really low for a cam/heads/IC car- heck people have hit that number cam only with no heads or IC.

You definitely could benefit from meth then, although as mentioned- it can strip the rotors. I'll be honest- I'm not all that crazy about it because I don't like having to worry about how much fluid is left for making more WOT pulls (nitrous or alky/meth). Also, if you run out of juice mid pull, you're going to lean out unless you have some safety mechanism built in.

Without knowing more details, I would think there is more power to gain on your setup- at 335whp with all of the supporting mods, I think there is room to grow there without meth.
. Ss ic xp hot cam 3.1 pulley , I don't think that's low whp people bull**** the power they get and go by crank horse power. If that's the case than maybe there's something wrong with my engine it only has 74k on it. Nitrous is not doable right now only when I get a better tranny but the meth kit is beneficial power and cooling

Old 10-22-2014, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member

gen 3 stage 2 m90 eaton supercharger, 3.1 pulley, k&n cai, pacesetter headers, magna flow high flow cat'd 3 'down pipe ,3' magnaflow exhaust, aem high flow fuel pump, mad blaster coil packs and wires, short stack air to water intercooler, l67 throttle body, stage 3 zzp cylinder heads optimum port work, comp cam xp hot camshaft, ls7 lifters, titanium retainers, oil pump cover, 140# valve springs, roll master double roller. 42.5 lb bosch green giant injectors. ngk spark plugs

Old 10-22-2014, 11:21 AM
10 Year Member

get a gen v blower with a full stack ic and it will be way better than the meth. me buddy made 307whp on a intercooled (full stack ic) gen v 1.9 rocker car with stock heads and cam. the tiny inefficient gen 3 and small ic is whats killing you. meth wont compensate for this, help yes but not be any where close as what a gen v and full stack would do.

and ill say it again, meth strips the coating off the sc rotors which is a bad thing as well....

Old 10-22-2014, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member

it's a ported gen 3 which according to zzp is equal to the gen 5.

Last edited by 03vaderSS; 10-22-2014 at 02:39 PM.

Quick Reply: water/meth inject kit anyone?