Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Valve Cover/Oil Extension Neck Recall

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by shawn parker
I fell for the key thing, but as I had just had intake gaskets replaced, I have new valve cover gaskets. The recall has no limit so if I somehow get a leak in front valve cover I will get a free one I doubt I will. My next fix is oil pan gasket

What did they do for the key thing? Don't they just put a rubber thing on the end and add another ring?

Old 06-24-2016, 08:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Key recall is dumb, they put a plastic insert in and thats pretty much it.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by claydoh
I went to my closest dealer last week, they have ordered the parts for me, I will update when it is done. and I am taking my cover and oil neck off before I go!! they are not getting that!! lol!
How did this go, and please post a picture showing the new cover or if the old cover is able to go back on after the work is done. I was told today they would take it so I removed it myself. My buddy had the recall done, and they put his existing cover back on. I'm really confused about this and what they do exactly.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:40 PM

the funny thing is when I had my key fixed the dealer mistaken a leaky engine mount to a leaky gaskets all over the engine. I was like really I fixed the valve covers as well as the oil pan gasket as well those three were leaking. that's how I noticed the engine mount leaking. they said the head gasket was leaking oil. I was really you replaced both gaskets your self in that recall even had the manager in the room there with me last time I go there. they tried to get me in another chevy I said suck it I go with dodge before I get another from the dealer I went to. it is not the brand it is the dealer who has the brand that puts a shame to the manufacturer. I still have my ford that has over 320k on it only thing I have to do to it is odd and end things do to how old it is. the dealer wanted to put another engine and trans in my monte I was like hell no it still runs like new no engine problems other than what I had in the past few months.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:05 PM

Take your cosmetic engine covers off BEFORE you get the service done. Then ask for your filler neck (tell them you have a similar year Grand Prix ).
My dealer even gave my filler neck since it is painted white to match my cover