Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Turbo monte current build has been demodded.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lol nice demodding/selling play there. Glad to hear you're still keeping it and going for higher HP numbers. 600+ is already insane, but moar power? I tip my hat to you, sir.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Frikin John, going for the gold. I read your list of new mods to bring back TurboMonte bigger and badder. A custom 4" down pipe? Wow your intending on moving a lot of air, so now you get the 4" exhaust cut out too. Sam's Monte has a 4" down pipe with a V8, whew hoo hoo. Obviously your team has decided the turbo your intending on using as being adequate. Twin waste gates too? LOL, who is making your custom 3" manifolds, CarTuning? Love your bagged set up, how is it handling for you, does it roll very much in the turns? I know your whole suspension has been reworked with BMR components so that has to help significantly too. You make it look so appealing, all dropped like that, super job, great extra effort to get it there. Can't wait to read more about the whole bag of tricks your putting together to get there, perhaps I can steal some knowledge from your build method. Ha ha let you spend all the R&D money, like the Chinese do to the US corporations.

Well don't let up as I have a few things in the pipeline which I will post in a week or so when it all gets here. It will be a one of a kind set up on a Monte, hopefully the power increase will be more than decent. But it looks like you will be the big dog if you can push 700whp on pump gas. I hope to get in the mid 600's on 104. The Borg Warner EFR8374 I'm running has the integrated BOV and WG, but it is what it is. What advantage it there to 2 wastegates?

Old 01-10-2017, 04:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Greg, we are gonna continue to use the upgraded cartuning manifolds I already have unless they are a hold back which we don't see being an issue. The bags ride nice, I never built it for handling though, it's a show stopper and straight line racer mainly. I am curious to see how the bags work for me at the strip though since I can transfer more weight easily belt raising the back and dropping the front a bit.

I'm curious to see what you have planned also! Twin wastegate will really help us dial in boost that's the main reason. My goal it to get into waters no one has went that's why I am going for crazy power with pump fuel, I will be making more power than almost everyone and doing it with pump fuel when they are all doing it with e85 or race fuel. That shows me accomplishment! However I may throw race fuel in it after pump fuel is dynod to see what I can get on race fuel too! Lol

Old 01-11-2017, 07:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Nice theory on how you will set up your suspension for the track, that actually could help just enough to get your beast down the track a bit quicker. I like the way your thinking, almost like traction ladders, pump up the rear to create more down force on the front end.

Oh I see about the dual waste gates, it's tuning related. Interesting, the ability to do a little tweak here and there pushing the potential parameters and gain additional hp. That ought to be as cool as hell, any other W-bodies ever done anything like this? ZZP or Intense with thier 9 second GP's? John, going where no one has gone before. Will be interesting to see this come alive. Frikin John, boy your making "catch up" difficult. Going to be a fantastic new build your doing.

No spilling any beans till next week, will do a small write up and a few pics. But no copying potential as it sounds like were going to the same place but different theories. Kind of fun, like all the cars on Street Outlaws, so many ways to build to get on the list... Your going for and are well on your way to the 1 spot. But dang it junior we have to meet and square off sometime, unlike before when we met, it may be getting to the put up or shut up phase, if the dang things blow, well they died in honorable combat. See they are doing a Super Chevy in St. Louis this year, 1/4 mile track... Scared???

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 01-11-2017 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

This is the concept of a project car is NEVER done. Love it, hate it, you are pushing the envelope. I am wondering when you can hold the record for fastest 3800 powered car!!!

I like the want for the bragging rights lol. You already have some high bragging rights.

Hopefully this new build goes well!

Old 01-18-2017, 07:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I always figure "There's always a bigger fish", so don't try. John does not share this sentiment.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:53 AM
10 Year Member

Thanks Jason, the current record holder is 718whp on 94 octane fuel in a 5 speed swapped 3800 grand prix. That's who I am after to beat lol. His car was also shop sponsored so he paid for parts but labor was free of charge. I do not want hand outs like that either. I wanna do it with no financial help. I feel if your sponsored you should be going after zzp records of 870whp and I am not about to tread them waters lol. I will never hold the top whp record in a whole but I am after the pump fuel record for sure!

Old 01-18-2017, 08:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

That zzp thing wouldn't be streetable at all - track only. You could say that turbo monte is the fastest thing on the streets.

Although it's gotta be gettin' a little crazy to drive, ain't it? It's probably important to mod in stages, so you learn to drive it in stages. If someone who's used to driving a 3.1 Monte tries driving it, they'd probably die

Last edited by JuniorCar; 01-18-2017 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:39 AM
10 Year Member

It is a major hand full on the street. I am now running mickey Thompson drag radials on the street. I will also turn boost down on the street to around 600whp then when racing reflash for higher boost in attempt to keep it streetable

Old 01-18-2017, 10:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I don't know John.... I think after you beat the record for fastest car on pump fuel, you'll get bored and need to break the next record lol.

I wish you lots of luck. I know getting to where you were currently at took lots of time, money and transmissions..... This will yet again be another interesting saga!!! Looking forward to it.