Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Turbo monte current build has been demodded.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 08:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Turbo monte current build has been demodded.

Well as the title States, turbo monte current turbo build is being demodded and sold. This was the setup that took the car to 594whp on pump fuel. The kit has already been sold and as soon as all the parts are off the car they will be going to their new owner. I am happy to say the new owner also owns a Monte though!

Old 01-04-2017, 08:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member

John, say it's not so. Turbo Monte is one of the wildest Monte's in the world.
You must have your reasons, but why?

Old 01-05-2017, 08:29 AM
10 Year Member

I'm sorry to say it's true. The turbonetics T66 was maxed and the 2.5" charge pipes and 3" down pipe I believe were close to being maxed as well.

So now it's time to welcome in the new Borg Warner s369 twin scroll billet wheel turbo, custom 4" down pipe, custom 3" charge pipes, passenger side intake, battery and fuse box relocation, and twin wastegate setup!!!!! Shooting for the stars with this setup in hopes of breaking over 700whp on pump fuel!

You didn't think I was calling it quits did you?

The only way I will give up is once I break my gmr transmission components. If and or once that happens I will have to accept defeat.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Why don't you keep the build and put all that other stuff on another engine in the trunk to power the rear wheels. It's about the only way to build much bigger! Never been done I don't think...

Old 01-05-2017, 09:10 AM
10 Year Member

There was a twin engine car that was done once.

I sold this stuff to help fund the new upgrades. I am going after the big dogs with my build and trying to compete with pump fuel just to have even more bragging rights.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member

Now that's more like it!
That opening post made it sound like you were returning it to stock. Looking forward to pics of the new upgrade.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:43 AM
10 Year Member

Thats how the post was meant to sound hahaha. Keeping you guys on your toes that's all

Old 01-06-2017, 08:05 AM

I'll give you props for sticking with it, especially with a boosted LS in your other car. It will be neat to see where it ends up on power.

I think getting a vette is the single worst thing that happened for my monte. It's just so much easier starting with a higher performance platform, especially one with so much aftermarket support. With a few bolt ons, it's up to 600 whp while keeping stock gas mileage/driveability/reliability, and with the drag radials it hooks pretty much everywhere, even on 19s.

My poor monte has been down now for probably half a year after eating one of the fuel pumps. I've got new ones, but I just can't seem to get the motivation to put then in. I definitely like having something different with a modded 3800, but honestly the trans is the biggest thing that keeps me from really enjoying it, especially since I don't have any of the GMR stuff. I just can't see spending another $5k on it at this point, and I'm a bit afraid if I were to blow my current trans tomorrow that I'd probably just end up de-modding it.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:01 AM
10 Year Member

Completely understand the frustration with the trans. The main reason I keep pushing this build is its the first car I ever modified, and I am so far in the game and running with the big dogs now that I can't bring myself to give up the platform.

We do have a LS in the garage and it's very easy to modify . Like you also said it don't take much to get 600whp with one either but with that said there is no "bragging rights" with a 600whp LS, "bragging rights" will come once you push 1000whp with a LS and to accomplish that would be just as much if not more as the 3800 builds.

Now my little 3800 pumping out 600whp currently and looking to make 700whp come spring is a major accomplishment and that's what fuels me to keep going

Old 01-08-2017, 06:05 PM

hay bumpin if you did that you probably do the same like turbo monte and say parts puked out of trans some thing like that. but I understand the feeling on having some thing to play with as well. I have a cougar xr7 that every one thinks it is a pos and when I blow by them with a puzzled look on there face is priceless