Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Should be ready for car shows next month

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Post Should be ready for car shows next month

Well currently I have a ported gen 3 blower which will be painted red, billet valve covers, 2 short stack ics 3.0 pulley headers exhaust magnaflow, with electric cutout, 42.5 injectors wizzair cai, billet fuel logs stage 3 zzp heads and xp cam which was done last year. Keeping the stock wheels on to be a sleeper. This year starting next week I'll recieve my hd tranny ordered from zzp every upgrade chosen, front and rear 12" brake kits poly mounts etc... Can't wait for the install. Was lucky the stock trans held up on it's last leg. Trans and other stuff is finally being shipped today after a long two weeks of being anxious, I have to find a new tuner and can't wait to have a nice shifting low idle quick ride . What a money pit but it's worth it I'm sure you guys feel the same about your rides

Old 07-17-2015, 11:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, you made me laugh all the money, parts and effort you have put into your Monte. Very nice

Your mod list is quite extensive and well done, refreshing to see other people still throwing money into their Monte Carlo. As you said "Money Pit" is right. It's crazy to do what we do to our cars as there are so many other platforms to build on other than a FWD W-body. But then we are not ones to be a conformist or our cars would have been gone long ago.

Congrats on the HD tranny, that was a huge but necessary upgrade.

Hope she is back on the road soon and your having a few good digs and doing well at your car shows!!

Old 07-17-2015, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks bro yea it's good to do it different. I get sick of hearing people saying get a newer rwd car. I love this car as it's my daily driver until winter. Wish I had a garage for it but it is what it is, but it looks new for a 12 year old car. Yours is the nicest monte I've ever seen everything is done perfect especially the loovers one day I'll do that and eventually drop a turbo in it or do an ls swap. Red and black are the best colors. Thanks again for the post