Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

My L67 swap story/thread... (lots of pics)

Old 04-02-2011, 12:09 PM

anything new yet man? im thinking about doing it in my 96 too, but money is tight.. Any tips you could shoot towards me? How hard was the wiring? That and the money is the only thing holding me back

Old 04-10-2011, 07:47 AM

I just came back to this board and read your whole thread.... Nice Hands on work, dude!!!

Old 04-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The wiring's easy. Just get an engine harness from a '98 or '99 Monte Carlo Z34 or Lumina LTZ with the 3800 motor. Put that harness on your L67 and you got a winner.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:46 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

single cam push rod v6 motor? wow never heard of it
Yep, regular OHV setup like SBC's etc, just minus two cylinders. Sure an LSX engine would have more potential, but I like to have something different.

anything new yet man? im thinking about doing it in my 96 too, but money is tight.. Any tips you could shoot towards me? How hard was the wiring? That and the money is the only thing holding me back
I posted a thread a couple months back (had a few pics of the car in its current shape)- just got the car out here to AZ end of last year- and I still need to get the garage fixed up nice before I go jumping into anything yet. I'm still working on getting some things done with the house first. Once I get the garage fixed up a bit, I'll be able to start working on it again.

Since the oil and fuel are like 2 years old- I'm planning to drain and refresh both with new. I'd like to drive it a little more before I go tearing into anything major.

I have started the hunt for a donor car for the rwd conversion. I was super close to buying one about a month ago. I found a 96 camaro with a 3800 & 5 speed (unfortunately a convertible, but it doesn't matter much to me anyways) where the price was perfect. Only downside is after reviewing the pics and the CARFAX on it, it seemed a little too rusty for me to want to mess with. It wasn't awful- but being out here in AZ, I'd like to find something that has been a southern car most of its life. Oh well, I've still got my eyes on craigslist frequently.

I covered a lot of tips in a sticky called something like 'L67 swap thread'- there isn't much more that I can say outside of that- especially now that its been a few years, I'm beginning to forget the tiny details of what had to happen.

Its definitely a pain if its your first major mechanical project- its a pretty serious deal; but its as close to a bolt in / plug in upgrade as you're gonna get- so there isn't a lot that is all that 'custom' about the swap- its really not drastically harder than just swapping a blown engine for a rebuilt one.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:26 PM

where were you able to find the hood and suspension parts at?

Old 05-25-2013, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just a quick question... How tough is it to pull these trans n the W body's? I have never done a trans on these.. Last trans I pulled was from rear wheel drive cars, no front drive trans.. On a scale of 1-10. ?? I need to replace my sons trans and just want to know what I'm getting not.. Thanks...mjc...

Old 03-17-2014, 09:08 PM

Oh yeah sure. I had bought things in Fsession and I was actually pleased. Before, I had ordered other shop but no shop made me felt satisfied. Then my hardly any friends and family informed me consider with Shop Fsession's | Designer Women's Fashion Brands | Designer Dresses, Clothes, Shoes, Handbags, Cosmetics, Home and More I definitely thrilled. Discount charge, the standard is very good. Viewpoint service plans of Fsession is rather seriously very good. Along with the really important: The styles at Fsession can be incredible with nice appearance. I recieve the items promptly or earlier than the time I required.

I wish well before I realized Fsession earlier to held sensible choice to me.

And you also, I think also you should try with Fsession like me.

black bootcut jeans for women

Old 03-17-2014, 09:37 PM

@mjclem-when i 4t65 swapped my 97 it took me 7 hrs in my apartment park lot. That included modified harness, axles tranny lines.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by l67ss
@mjclem-when i 4t65 swapped my 97 it took me 7 hrs in my apartment park lot. That included modified harness, axles tranny lines.
Thanks.....

Old 04-18-2015, 02:23 PM

that was truly an inspirational story Bumpin',you actually had the guts to do it without ever doing a swap before,thats what kind of position im in now,but I have a 6th gen 2001 ls id like to do this to,after reading your story I feel like I could swap anything haha (jk) but if you ever have time I posted a thread of my own id love to hear about any info or opinion you have for me

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My L67 swap story/thread... (lots of pics)