Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

LS Swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 10:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't let turbo lag scare you. The new turbos are built very well and if the turbo is correctly sized for the engine etc you can have basically insta-spool.

With that many issues with trans and engine I would also consider a swap I guess. And as already stated you need to figure out what the long term power goal is and then decide turbo or sc. Both are fun that's for sure, I just like big power so a sc would of never been enough for me

Old 02-23-2017, 10:23 AM

The other day I was out, pulling the carpet and headliner out the Monte. Getting the inside ready form dynamat . I decided to pull the codes and see what was all in it. here's what was in it. P0137 - oxygen sensor circuit low voltage bank 1 senor 2, P0171-bank 1 system too lean, P0300- random misfire, P0463 fuel level senor A circuit high input,Po742 Torque converter clutch solenoid stuck on, P1189 engine oil pressure switch circuit, P1811 Max adapt and long shift. I know that having a vacuum leak , and a hole in exhaust can cause the air fuel ratio to not be right and the computer tries to compensate. so the car will run lean or rich until its fixed . and I hope that once I replace upper intake manifold and my down pipe/cat as well as my plugs and wires that the engine will smooth back out. but I'm not sure what to do bout the trans. I want to change the fluid but people say I shouldn't due to miles. I think that the way the people before has the fans power coming from the trans A solenoid fuse has a lil to due wit it as well. I tried to cut a put out of a wire hardness from a car in junk yard and wire it up rite but it didn't work. kinda lost at the moment