Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

idiot lights stay on after key is out. car wont run at idle for a few min

Old 02-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Angry idiot lights stay on after key is out. car wont run at idle for a few min

ok so i have a problem here that seems to just be getting worse and i cant figure out where the root of the problem is. it started out when i would start my car that what im guessing is the heater fan would ust click on and off until it was in gear. then later when it would make that noise my airbag light would flash on and off with the heater fan. then the light stays on all the time now and when i shut my car off all of my idiot lights stay on< check engine, oil airbag security ect. and now new problem when i start it it wont stay at idle unles i rev it to aboot 2000 rpms for about a min then it will idle but it still stays a little low. and i just noticed that my reverse lights werent workin but they go on when its in park......... so i dont know what exactlys going on with it but i have to unhook my battery everywhere i go and its getting old. im not sure if its a short but its getting old. if anyone has any thoughts on this it would be great