Monte Carlo Forums

Go Back   Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums > Your Ride > Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2012, 02:38 PM

Default 2006 Monte Carlo LT 3.5L oil pressure sending unit location? Oil Pressure light on???

I have searched for this and haven't found anything. I just bought this 2006 Monte Carlo LT(3.5L) and a few days later the oil light and "Low oil pressure...turn engine off" displayed in dash. I changed the oil and the old oil wasn't bad at all. It looks like it had been changed regularly. No crud or buildup came out when I drained it. The same lights came on in dash so I am thinking it is the oil pressure sending unit going bad? Is this common for these engines? Also, where is the sending unit located? Only thing I can find online is the location for the 5.3L V8...nothing on the 3.5L V6. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:31 AM

Default 2006 Monte Oil pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe111599 View Post
I have searched for this and haven't found anything. I just bought this 2006 Monte Carlo LT(3.5L) and a few days later the oil light and "Low oil pressure...turn engine off" displayed in dash. I changed the oil and the old oil wasn't bad at all. It looks like it had been changed regularly. No crud or buildup came out when I drained it. The same lights came on in dash so I am thinking it is the oil pressure sending unit going bad? Is this common for these engines? Also, where is the sending unit located? Only thing I can find online is the location for the 5.3L V8...nothing on the 3.5L V6. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I am having the same issue. I will post another reply once I finish locating the oil pressure sending unit on mine. I have a 3.5 V6.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
3 Year Member1 Year Member

@aspringthomas - joe111599 has not posted anything since november of 2012, I'm betting he found an answer to his issue and did not write back.

But to be of help, I believe the 3.5 is based off the block used in the 3.4. If that holds true, on the 3.4 the oil pressure sensor is in the front of the engine, just off center (towards the driver side of the car) and under the exhaust manifold. I've changed it on a few 3.1 and 3.4 engines. Easy to get to, but you don't have great visibility of it unless you are under the car. It will also require a special socket made specifically for the oil pressure sensor. I hope this helps you out.
- 2004 Monte Carlo SS 3800 N/A See website for MOD List
- 2002 Grand Am GT - Current daily driver
Old 07-01-2013, 06:20 PM

Default 2006 Monte Carlo 3.5 liter Oil Sending Unit Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe111599 View Post
I have a 2006 Monte Carlo LT with the 3.5 V6 and the oil light started coming on randomly. Also the Low oil pressure shut off engine came up on the dash. I replaced the oil pressure sending unit and has corrected the problem. The sending unit threads into the oil filter section. Its on the front towards the passenger side of the car below the exhaust. You can unplug it from the buttom right next to the oil filter. I ran a deep socket under the starter area with a extension to reach it. Wasn't extremely difficult once I located it.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:40 AM

Default Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiringthomas View Post
I am having the same issue. I will post another reply once I finish locating the oil pressure sending unit on mine. I have a 3.5 V6.
I created a video which is not the best but maybe it will be some help.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:42 AM

Default Sending unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Maniac View Post
@aspringthomas - joe111599 has not posted anything since november of 2012, I'm betting he found an answer to his issue and did not write back.

But to be of help, I believe the 3.5 is based off the block used in the 3.4. If that holds true, on the 3.4 the oil pressure sensor is in the front of the engine, just off center (towards the driver side of the car) and under the exhaust manifold. I've changed it on a few 3.1 and 3.4 engines. Easy to get to, but you don't have great visibility of it unless you are under the car. It will also require a special socket made specifically for the oil pressure sensor. I hope this helps you out.
I found it threaded into the oil filter section.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:42 AM

Tags
2006, 35, 35l, 53, carlo, chevy, located, monte, monty, oil, pressure, sending, switch, unit, v6