Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Clay barred, polished and waxed today

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 03:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Spent the whole day on the Monte, trying to get her back in condition after the 4700 mile round trip to the GM Nationals and back. She was a pig and a half. Never even got to touch the inside of the car or the motor. Will tackle those tomorrow.

All Meguiars products used: Washed the car with their Gold Class car wash, then the Smooth Surface Clay kit, Water Spot remover, then the Ultimate Polish and finally the Ultimate Liquid Wax.

All by hand, no machine, almost 10 hours out there on it, with perhaps 45 min. worth of breaks. My arms are so drained, and my eyes are tired of looking for little dull spots I missed removing the product. It's trying to find those areas on a high gloss surface. But yeah she is done and sparkly...

Have a home town car show this week end, have to put my best foot forward on this one.

Great job!!

Old 07-18-2014, 04:32 PM

LOL, the car gets the Ultimate hand job and I go to bed tonight all alone... Glad to see I'm not the only one getting their butt kicked today. Bet the Alabama heat was crazy today. Humidity too?
Surprisingly it wasnt that bad yesterday, its been rainy and cloudy so not much heat

Old 07-18-2014, 04:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Spent the whole day on the Monte, trying to get her back in condition after the 4700 mile round trip to the GM Nationals and back. She was a pig and a half. Never even got to touch the inside of the car or the motor. Will tackle those tomorrow.

All Meguiars products used: Washed the car with their Gold Class car wash, then the Smooth Surface Clay kit, Water Spot remover, then the Ultimate Polish and finally the Ultimate Liquid Wax.

All by hand, no machine, almost 10 hours out there on it, with perhaps 45 min. worth of breaks. My arms are so drained, and my eyes are tired of looking for little dull spots I missed removing the product. It's trying to find those areas on a high gloss surface. But yeah she is done and sparkly...

Have a home town car show this week end, have to put my best foot forward on this one.

Nice Job Sir Greg!
she/he looks Glorious!

Old 07-20-2014, 07:30 AM

Where'd you get that louver for your car or was it custom made. It looks great!

Old 07-21-2014, 07:06 PM

Your car be looking fine af!! Come by hawaii and clean my car haha

Old 07-21-2014, 11:44 PM

Looking great, wish mine was as clean. Looks like time to get out the buffer and spend a weekend in the garage.

Thanks for proving Red is the best color for a Monte SS!

Old 07-22-2014, 07:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Car looks great Greg! Red and black just look great together.

I'm using a dual action orbital polisher on mine now and it doesn't necessarily cut down on time (it does slightly) but it does cut down on brute energy used to apply product, thus you don't feel nearly as horrible when you are done (I applied by hand all the time before so I know). Another advantage - the shine is deeper than I was ever able to achieve by hand.

Old 07-28-2014, 12:55 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

looks great! can't beat red/black Yours has always been on of my favorites on the forum. It looks good as it runs

Old 07-28-2014, 01:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
looks great! can't beat red/black Yours has always been on of my favorites on the forum. It looks good as it runs
Thanks everyone, it was an ordeal for sure. I do have a Makita variable speed polisher, just tends to fling the compounds, polishes and waxes into the cars little fissures. So I thought I would go back to the hand butt kicking method. Bout your right the luster is much deeper with a machine for sure.

Thanks Shocker, your Red Monte is no slouch either, your burnout video is always in my mind when I see your car on the forum. The same to you, your Monte is probably in my top 5 favorites here on the forum! You have went to great lengths to make your Monte a one of a kind for sure... She is just gorgeous!

Old 07-28-2014, 08:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Looks Great!

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Clay barred, polished and waxed today